Beta 1.0 Launcher Problems

Problems with the launcher in general.

1 Like

I have tried logging in to the game launcher multiple times it worked before but now I when I open the launcher it tells me to log in again and when I do I get this error saying “Error Occurred While Validating Access: Exception has been thrown by the target of invocation” every time I tried to log in I am just wondering if anyone else has gotten this problem and if there is a way to fix it.

I get sent to an error page with “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET”.
Sometimes it starts a download but gets a network error or it just says it’s removed before it even got downloaded.

Hello!

When I try to download the launcher, Avast blocks it claiming Win32:Malware-gen.

Regards,
HCS

So I purchased the game, got the link to download the launcher, downloaded the launcher but it says my credentials are invalid? Any way to fix this? :slight_smile:

Edit* Fixed my issue. My password had special characters in it, got rid of them and now it works!

I’m getting an error on startup of the Beta client.

It says it can’t be launched because MSVCR120.dll is missing on my computer. It could be fixed by reinstalling.
I have reinstalled, to no avail. I’m running things as administrator too obviously.

UPDATE: if anyone is getting this error it’s because Visual Studio 2013 is missing some files. You can download the necessary files HERE
You’ll need to download both the x64 and x86!

If you have any more questions… Too bad! I’ll be playing the game :laughing:

Just baught the game, can’t install it. Launcher seems to be broken. Help?

Turned off anti-virus… ran as admin, etc. :expressionless:

I also seem to be missing some sort of badge? I don’t even know. lol

2 Likes

I disabled my AV and was able to download the launcher, and now get this message when trying to install.

For me I just get “error has occured while validating access: an error occurred while sending the request”

Here is an update, really bummed I’m unable to even install this game. Would love to receive some help. I’ve searched around on these forums but everything leads back here, with no answers. Thanks everyone.

EDIT : Gave a buddy my info, he was able to get the game installing… so whatever the issue is… it’s with me. Gunna try to open more ports I guess. Anyone have an idea on what ports the launcher would be trying to use?

@DrFusselpulli

EDIT: Figured my issue out… lol I had to completely uninstall AVG. Apparently disabling it wasn’t enough. Installing the game!

Evry time i try to lunch the beta this come up
Error has occured while validating access:
goal caused an exception during activation

Happens to me too, been trying to get help with this for a while. If you find a fix PLEASE help me out. I’ve tried turning off anit-virus, windows firewall… I’ve DMZ’d my router. I’m not sure what my issue is.

I found a soulution go to your warhorse folder move out kcd beta and start the luncher then you login and it works then you move back to warhorse folder and go in to kcd beta and place in the missing files form the folder you moved out

Hi there! I seem to have an issue regarding me getting allowed to download the game client. I deleted the game before due to some installation errors and now when i try to reinstall through the link provided on the website i only download the launcher which says "Failed to launch game: The system cannot find the file specified"
What do i do? :slight_smile:

This issue seems to be fixed in a new version of the launcher. It should update automatically, but for some reason this seems to be not the case. Can you install the launcher again? This should fix the problem.

Hello, I’ve been having a problem with downloading the game with the Beta Game Launcher. I try to download the game and after the game downloads 29-30% of the game, the entire download will restart for no reason. After doing this a couple of times, the launcher will say “Downloaded files are corrupted. Please check if your internet connection is working properly.” I’ve tried redownloading the launcher but that doesn’t seem to fix it. It does say it’s a problem with my internet connection, but nothing is interrupting the connection and it is a consistent problem.

i7 6700k
16Gb RAM
Attempting to install it to SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB

when i try to start the game i get an error that says Could not acces CrySystem.dll (check working directory) does anyone know what to do?

I bought the game today , downloaded the launcher and installed it successfully on my external hard drive. I played a bit than decided to uninstall it and put it on my SSD for possible better performance and now my launcher goes to the installation part without any problems but then nothing happens. It froze on 0% and doesn’t even show any kind of error.

1 Like

My Game Launcher won’t install the game. There is no progress, I have tried to run it as admin.
I am installing on a different internal hard drive than default.