You and I have different definitions of big
creek fight? No
bridge fight? No
defend trebuchet? No
Retake Talmberg? Inner bailey fight was nuts but the battle itself wasn’t big

This is a big battle

Really hope Vranik gets recycled in band of bastards

1 Like

Epilogue was intentionally set up to be free play.

1 Like

So KCD isn’t an open world RPG? I have over 2500 killed enemies that say otherwise. Less than 10% were explicitly connected to the storyline. A similar breakdown would apply to total hours played (~625)

1 Like

Just because its open world doesn’t mean it’s meant to be like Far Cry 4.

Just because KCD has a storyline doesn’t mean there’s nothing else to the game. The design intent is crystal clear… WH made KCD battle points that respawn from the beginning of the game through the Epilogue

1 Like

Oh there’s plenty to the game but the main focus is the storyline, like WH say. :wink:

Well imho you take it too strictly. Its also open world RPG and a lot of players call for more open world features.

2 Likes

The game uses the storyline as a framework but anyone that has a playthrough with over 200h isn’t focusing on the storyline. The MQ is less than 100h… like Tobi said

1 Like

It’s not Just Cause 3 mate. How does it make sense to have repeated big army battles with no context? Sorry but you’ll never convince me of this. Just go back and view the videos where Vavra says the game is storyline based.

A big army battle is thousands per side. I don’t think KCD’s implementation of CryEngine could handle that.

Repeated battles already occur even during the Epilogue without context. Potentially creating (resurrecting during Epilogue aka WH’s explicit free play mode in KCD) Vranik as a base of operations from whence all the battle point NPCs derive would actually provide more context for those battle points.

The storyline is the foundation of an open world RPG. For those that put large numbers of hours into the play, they’re moving past the foundation. And that investment can (far) outweigh the foundation as it does with everyone who has spent more than 200h on a single playthrough.

1 Like

Your talking to a guy who has 1200hrs on it buddy.

And so you’ve focused on far more than the storyline. Playing the MQ takes 60-100h

1 Like

Actually I was playing Henry.

Actually, I was waiting for that skirmish battle all game which didn’t happen, but had other battles. For me battles lasted 5 minutes.

2 Likes

50 vs 50* … the bastard Markvart von Aulitz has returned with mercs (known to us as bandits and Cuman). his band of bastards messengers have confirmed the location of today’s battle: the place that would come to be known as reunion hill to the Kobyla family… can you pace yourself and survive the day?

5 horse archers
5 horse lancers
10 crossbowmen/archers
10 pikemen
20 sword/axe/mace infantry
with Cuman, increase proportion of cavalry and decrease proportion of pikemen

Henry picks the squad to which he belongs and he can equip them with armor and weapons from his inventory.

it’s not the battle of Grunwald but it gets at endurance and pacing in battle

If this doesn’t come to pass, I’m gonna be disappointed…

if Henry refuses to honor the battle, the band of bastards will descend upon Pribyslavitz like a plague of locusts at a time of their choosing. If this occurs, attendant loses of property. lives and reputation are to be expected. the scope of damage will vary according to the infrastructure put in place by Henry and the Locator

If Henry’s side loses the battle but Henry survives, the band of bastards will retake Vranik.

Rinse. Repeat.

Wow. Just wow. I can see some have no respect for the true intentions of Warhorse with this game…

You’re kidding, right? Mod support has been a true intention well prior to release. That mod support will enable far more than what I’ve suggested… for instance BlickMang’s mod that has both Tobi and WH excited

You also do realize that KCD is historical fiction, don’t you?

3 Likes