Black Chronicle Not Finishing Quest

I can’t seem to finish the mysterious ways quest. Looking through the Black Chronicle does nothing, so does asking the scribe as he simply reads it and then walks away. My Henry can read and I have waited some time in game to see if anything happens but nothing so far. Any help would be much appreciated.

I too had trouble as you describe. I left the Scribe and messed around in town a little while. Then went back.

Three odd things happened:

1. I talked to the scribe again and read the book again. Then I immediately went to the scribe. There was a new option, to get help reading the book. The scribe read it for me.
      I immediately got one quest failed (follow up on clues) and one quest completed (ask for help)
    1. The scribe left the room. When he left, I got the “in a private area” warning. I’d been there several times with no issues.
    1. almost the entire upper floor was “private” so I left. I want back immediately. Suddenly the areas were no longer “private areas”.

since I got it to work, I can’t really call it a bug; bugs don’t fix themselves. Something about what I did or how I did it glitched the dialogue and I never had the option I needed. I have no idea what happened to get the quest to work, but all of the above took place in about five minutes of real time.

Thanks for the reply @WeeScot, I’m thinking of just messing about till something happens.

good luck!

Same happened to me. Eventually I just stayed with the scribe until he finished reading the black chronicle and then spoke to him again. All good

I ran into this bug today (just got the game 5 days ago) and all I did was save the game, reload the same save, and then the scribe told me about the names.