Black peter a civilian? (SPOILERS)

When I killed black peter, my civilian kill count increased by 1, is there a way to avoid that? after all, he attacked me.

Lured him to the city. the guards did not help at all. they even told me to down my weapon. lol

I have never tryed it but since he allways attacs at the same time and place maybe you can sneak up to him, knock him uncouncios and steal the sword?

I have tried that already, unfortunately, looting him is considered theft. As you said it ā€œsteal the swordā€. Only if you kill him in combat the sword will fall and you can grab it without stealing it, but that means you have killed a ā€œcivilianā€.

Lol. My first encounter with black Pete had me back peddling and swinging my hammer all the way to the mill.
When I finally dropped him, Peschek ran away screaming bloody murder and brought the guards after me.
Rat bastard no doubt helped his last partner in crime all the way to the gallows.

1 Like

It is kinda ridiculous if you ask me. I bet a lot of people wanted to make a honest henry run but gave up for bullshit like that. Still, I am going to keep trying, no matter that 2 years have passed, I love the game. Those stupid things do not anger me, but, like the song says ā€œI fell all sadnessā€.

2 Likes

Ok didnĀ“t realice that you were after an honest run - sorry
well maybe - if you are lucky you can knock him down without killing in combat and he looses the sword - donƟt know if that countsā€¦

There is nothing to be sorry, my good man., but done that already with the perk, sadly he does not loose the sword, for some reason, it remains in his inventory.

ok than iĀ“m out of guesses - i donĀ“t know what happens after a week if you just run away from peter or awoid the mill?

Thatā€™s the way to do it. You are able to complete the quest ā€œdead men tell no talesā€. After that, he disappears completely. I just accepted that, but the feeling that you did not avenge the blacksmithā€™s son and you let that scummy fucker escaped does not disappear. At least I have a clean crime statsā€¦sigh.

No way except to never pass that way and never finish ā€˜Dead Men Tell No Talesā€™ side quest. I used to wonder when I started playing ĀæWhere did I kill a civilian?.. then it dawned on me.

But you can finish the quest. You inform to the blacksmith that you were ambush by him, but if you dont kill him, Henry says something like ā€œIt was not my lucky day, and now he is miles from hereā€ And thats it, you complete the quest but never kill black peter.

2 Likes

I never considered thatā€¦ I had no problem with killing him after he knocked me off my horse that 1st time (reasonable self-defense). He poisoned me once and I died before I could use antidote. After that, self-defend him hard LOL. I had the law called on me on one play thru also. As for his sword, I just lock it in my home chest as trophy- poison intact.

I had no problem killing him the first time either. I hate that cunt. But the problem is that if you want a clean 0 crime run, you have to give up on killing him

Stab him until he bleeds. Watch him bleed out. Heā€™s now dead. You didnā€™t kill him. Your stats remain, if stats bother you. You can always use a memory editor to change the stats.

Wow. I had no clue you can do that. Memory editor could be useful to loot the dlc armor and the johanka quest