Black Peter and Dead men tell no tales problem

Hello guys, I have a little problem with the side quest “Dead men tell no tales” (the one given by the blacksmith in Samopesh) and in particular with “Black Peter” character. I think that the problem started when I decided to skip the first Rattay tournament: I read that was a repeatable activity and when the first tourney started I was too weak to compete, so I decided to wait the next event and simply watch the fights. I saw that there was a combatent named “Black Peter”, that won the first edition: I expected to confront him in the second tourney, but when i started and then completed the fights there was no trace of him. So, after some in-game days, another tourney poppped up, I went to Rattay, started the event and, again, no trace of Black Peter. The same happened with fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh tournament: no Black Peter at all.
So I read on internet that Black Peter is connected to a quest given by Samopesh’s Blacksmith, but when I went to Samopesh and spoke to him I wasn’t able to trigger anything: no dialogue options, only an icon on the map saying that he can give me a quest.
My questions are: is the questline broken? Is this happened to someone else? And, do you have any advice?
I’m playing the Royal Edition, so I have all DLCs and, obviously, the latest updates.
Thank you very much in advance.