Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

Well, few games are really banned in Germany. Most games on the index can be bought, they just can’t be marketed.

Games like Left4Dead and Dead Island are on the index in Germany not because of the level of gore in the game but because they contain some kind of virtual necrophilia which is against the law in Germany. Yeah, you heard right, it’s weird but that was the argumentation of the institutions.

Games like Chivalry which offers quite brutal and gore-intensive medieval combat are not banned in Germany. :wink:

The blood and gore needs to be there in a realistic manner. A few people have stated that it would be near impossible to cut off limbs but it’s not as difficult as people imagine. You think about today and how easy it is to accidentally cut off a finger chopping vegetables with a sharp knife. Soldiers probably lost a hand and if someone had a good couple of go’s at trying to cut your arm off they would probably succeed.

No thanks.

They can do what they want, as long as they put an option in the Video settings to disable blood/gore. I am only interested in overcoming the challenges of combat, I am not a serial killer wannabe and thus have no desire to see the gore and blood.

1 Like

we need blood and gore the level of “lone wolf & cub”

1 Like

Of course blood should exist in a realistic game, they are doing everythign different to every other RPG so why not realistic blood also?

I hope even more importantly is the implementation of wounded soldiers, far more soldiers were incapacitated in all combat throughout all of history then were killed outright. Lots of animations for guys on the floor injured not just killed would be vital for an authentic combat experience. I would hate to just see pure ragdolling, people don’t just fall to their grounds like a puppet with their strings cut unless they take a bullet or arrow to the brain. Arrows in particular shouldn’t ragdoll a character with anything other than head/heart shots.

Totally agreed :slight_smile: I’d be kind of disappointed if we do not get some kind of severing of limbs or decapitation.

2 Likes

You gotta have blood! Sure video games will be over the top sometimes with their blood, but all this talk of layers and what blood actually shows is a bit too far in the direction of realism… The argument overlooks that as a dude playing a video game, I need some indication I hit home. In real life, I would know and FEEL what I accomplished/failed at in a sword fight. I could detect the subtle changes, if the wound was small, in my opponents breathing, shifting stance, or discomfort.

Obviously you can’t do all of that yet in a video game. Don’t get me wrong, I want realism too, but I don’t want to sacrifice good game play and lets face it… people have a lot of blood in them.

The game should be realistic, that includes all

I do hope they will get rid of the “blood shot around the eyes” part, as getting stabbed won’t make you see red. I understand they need some animation to announce you’re hit, but there must be other ways.

I hope this game have blood and gore, same of reality, this is a part of a adventure, the drama of the war and dead.

We need a real test !!! go go cut a real person in armor !

I think what you are saying is what they should do.
Realistic.

No Game of Thrones Red Wedding or something but classic blood. Not fountains of blood unless a hit was made on the right spot.

1 Like

To create the atmosphere of the dark ages, you must show the degree of violence in society and the price of a human life at this time. Blood, dirt and issued ulcer certainly should not always see the whole screen, but they should be to the extent that this is necessary for transmission of the spirit of the time. Wounds and bleeding of them must correspond to the damage of weapons which caused it. So without blood and all sorts of horrors will not do! A game that claims to be successful should be above all realistic. Especially it concerns the blood and violence. Game RPG without dragons with a rating below 16+ not interested! :))

3 Likes

Wow, you really think that everyone who enjoys a gory video game is a serial killer wannabe. Really?

Dismemberment? If possible, sure! Maybe a future stretch goal if people keep donating :slight_smile: On their website that is

1 Like

Well I enjoy blood and gore in games with absolute glee. But I have absolutely no desire to do it in real life. Not everyone is a serial killer just because they enjoy virtual violence. Medieval game = blood and gore. Without it would be madness!

4 Likes

Maybe a system to toggle it on and off. I would personally like some gore to make things more realistic, but I do respect that not everyone shares my opinion.

I believe someone have already mentioned that before.
While I support the idea, I think it may or may not be a little complex to add the option.

I still don’t understand that morbid fascincation with dismemberments…

Personally, I hope for an even better clothing system (on top of the four layers) with broken materials at the spot you’re hit by the opponent. You bleed at the spot you’re hit and your armor/clothes are broken there. If the hit doesn’t penetrate the armor you still see scratches or deformations. You have to repair your armor and gear regularly for yourself or by paying a smith for it. That would mean that they would have to program a very complex clothing and blood simulation on top of the already nice system. It seems like a lot of work but far from impossible tbh. Imho it would be a perfect feature for an upcoming stretch goal with the money used for something that really enhances the realism of the game… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Realism is what they should strafe for indeed. I don’t know how difficult it would be to make the graphical changes to the armor if struck, but the armor could deteriorate upon receiving damage, I’d be fine with a message saying how well my armor is doing.