Bow Bug and Perk Popups

Often after i shoot an Arrow i can’t put my Bow away or switch my Weapon. Jumping or fire another Arrow to the Ground breaks this Bug. But it is very annoying when you sneak onto an Cuman camp and Fire some Arrows to Kill some Cumans before you melee Fight the Rest and suddenly you can’t switch your Weapon.

And another Thing i find annoying are the Perk Popups. I go in the Woods “Forester” popups, i Sneak “Croucing Chamaeleon” Popups, i go in a Town “Burgher” Popups. Right in the middle of the Screen and blocking my View. I Know that these are activating and don’t want to see these on my Screen every couple Minutes. Activated Perks show up on the bottom of the Screen anyways which makes these Popups even more useless. Please remove them or give us an option to deactivate them.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Didn’t know jumping would fix it. Kept going to inventory to manually select melee weapon.

Yep. same here, glad you posted about it! It comes and goes too. I have my doubts it is the sort of thing devs will be able to pin down with a traditional “bug report” from an end-user and even attached save files.

Most likely, they need to sit down for a long session of bow hunting and observe it for themselves while running the app from Visual Studio in Debug mode.

On the issue of the perk popups: I agree they are distracting, but my preferences would be (form ideal to less ideal):

1. Some option toggles in settings to either disable or alter their configuration
    II. Have them show up in the upper right like the “level up” notifiers

And to add to this:
III. Restore a constant nutrition level indicator in ALL SCREENS even in hardcore mode
IV. Give us (or option to have) small upper left popup notice ANY TIME ANY XP are gained in ANYTHING! There are a lot of ways in which the “leveling” mechanics of the game are inconsistent and obscure. For example, based on my observations: Running, walking and sprinting have no effect on Vitality XP (despite what the tool-tip description says). Bunny hopping however DOES gain XP at a rate of 0.5 xp per hop.
Giving the user more feedback (or ideally the OPTION to get more feedback) on how Henry is developing would be a good thing, even for hardcore mode.