Bug with Baptism of Fire Quest

Hi,

I just got to the Baptism of Fire quest and keep getting stuck when you need to go up the hill to clear out the enemies before going into the Church. Sir Radzig doesn’t want to head up the hill with the rest of the men so I am unsure if it is that or something else going on

Any help is appreciated I have uploaded my screenshots showing what I think is the issue. I tried punching Radzig to get him to move but he just stands there and does nothing. I also kill all the men at the top of the hill basically on my own as the troops on my side don’t want to engage properly

I have the same issue on pc patch 1.4. This may be a similar issue as to when they accidentally removed the Radzig sneaking out of Skalitz cut scene. I’m hoping they notice and hot-patch it quickly.

Hi Hazman,

I have the exact same issue. Just got to Baptism of Fire on the 2nd leg of the quest “Fight through to the Church” and everyone is simply standing around idle. No battering ram or quest continuation.

I hope they fix this soon.

Good to know it’s not just me then. Hopefully this gets fixed soon as I’ve really been enjoying the game and this is the first major bug I’ve come across.

Hey, same problem here. I tried “stabbing” Sir Radzig all the way up the hill too, and that didn’t do anything. I even tried just hoping over the wall around the church and going in there, but nothing.

Same here guys, Has anyone emailed the support team about this yet? because its a pretty big game breaking bug

Yes, I emailed the support team last night (3/29/2018 ~ 11:00 pm CST) about this.

I have this bug as well - it blocks me in continuing the main quest.
Radzig stays in Cuman camp after killing archers and Cuman leader - the rest of the army goes up the church, but there, they stop and no one attacks anyone - the army just stares on the bandits (and they stare back). After killing all the bandits, no one tries to ram the door.
One little detail (pattern): After killing the commander i always recieve a tutorial message: “You gained a horse, call it by “X”…” etc… But i have horse for many decades of hours of playing, so it makes no sense, to show me this tutorial message - maybe it’s connected to the bug with Radzig somehow.

Tento bug mám taky - blokuje mě v pokračování hlavního questu.
Racek zůstane v Kumánském táboře po zabití lučištníků a velitele Kumánů - zbytek armády jde ke kostelu, ale tam se zastaví a nikdo na nikoho neútočí - armáda jen kouká na lapky (a ti koukaj zpátky). Po zabití všech lapků se nikdo nepokusí rozrazit dveře ke kostelu.
Jeden malý detail: Po zabití velitele Kumánů dostanu tutorial hlášku: "Získal jsi koně, přivoláš jej stisknutím “X”. " etc… Ale koně mám už několik desítek hodin hraní, takže nemá žádný smysl mi takovou hlášku zobrazovat - možná, že to souvisí s chybou se zaseknutým Rackem.

It’s fixed in 1.4.1 version - thank you.
The message about the horse still appears, but now on th beginning of the quest of Prisoner - just before the message about the room on Pirkstein appears. I don’t know if it has any effect on playthrough like blocking anything though…

Ve verzi 1.4.1 je to již opravené - díky.
Zpráva o vlastnění, volání a nasednutí na koně se stále objevuje, ovšem až na Pirkštejně, na začátku questu Zajatec, těsně před zprávou o získání trvalého pokoje na Pirkštejně. Nevím však, že by toto nějak blokovalo hru.

Hi, I have the patch 1.4.2 but this problem still continue for me, sir radzıg stays in camp after we killed the archers and camp leader, please help guys.

Got the same Bug, i even ran up the hill instead of going to the Cuman camp, because that actually triggers all Bandits to attack me. Held them off until the main Force killed the Cuman Leader and charged up the Hil. They killed the Bandits then but of Course, Radzig was still in the cuman camp looting, pillaging and necrophiling…

Hi, I just realized patch 1.4.1 was not installed on my game folder when ı chekced, ı installed 1.4.2 without installing 1.4.1 first and that caused the problem.
what ı did was simply installing patch 1.4.1 and bug was gone. hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! This fixed it for me, i went back to 1.4.1 and could finally complete the quest.

I feel relieved know that the bug is not just me

What do you mean by that? I had played it on version 1.4.1 first and had the bug, then i installed 1.4.2 still have the bug…

Hey guys, i am wondering is baptism by fire quest still bugged in Version 1.5 on PC or not? I would appriciate any replies!

It crashes to desktop for me just after the cut-scene just before you battle with Runt in the church. I’ve completed the battle to that point roughly 8 times now with no success.

EDIT
At the final stage I set fire to the hay, kill the archers, the commander, battle at the top and defend the last swarm. A few Cumans do remain standing with the ‘Mercy Kill’ option available even though they are supposed to be dead. You can repeatedly mercy kill with no effect. Whether it has anything to do with it, I’m not sure.

I started the quest after 1.5 dropped. Not sure if I started Nest of Vipers before 1.5.

1 Like

Did you start a new game after patch 1.5?

No. I just know I started the quest after.