Camera Options and Possibilities, Not asking for much

I know this game is focused on first person game-play; but i know somewhere out there, there are players like me who would like a Third person camera option. This is probably going to spark up an argument with players who only want first person, but hear me out on this one. My question to you is “What is the harm of adding Third person camera option?”

Don’t start saying “Oh, don’t mess up the game with third person feature! go back to playing skyrim.” Whats the harm in it, it wont ruin the game in any way shape or form. Ive seen the update videos on the game’s progress and the game looks very unique. When i saw them debug the game into Third person, it looked amazing and smooth. Personally i think a third person option can work perfectly. Ive always played Elder scrolls, fallout and other amazing RPG’s in third person, i enjoy looting cool armor pieces and weapons to customize my character with. The whole reason why i customize my armor is so that i can see my character in battle wearing that armor set.

This is merely an option choice for the player. If you don’t like third person, then you don’t have to use it. You can stay in first person if you want to, but it would be very nice to have this option for individuals like myself, who enjoy playing their game in a third person perspective. Ive seen countless youtube comments of people asking for third person. I made an account on to see if i can speak to the developers about it.

My question to the developers is: Is there any possibility in adding a third person camera option?

I honestly hope I am not the only person who would love this feature. It can make the game more flexible and reach a wider audience.

2 Likes

I leave link to my previous post on this topic here. You are asking for much more than you realize

Asking for a third person option is not asking that much. Asking for a total war style real time strategy in the middle of large scale battles is too much. A small camera option is easier than making this game an RTS like many people have been asking for.

Have you read whole comment I linked or just the sentence above? It is quite a lot you are asking. I understand why you don’t realize it if you have no programming experience, but to create quality third person perspective is almost as difficult as create RTS from this game. Actually creating RTS may be bit easier.

The example you have given is actually rather fitting. Both request are request for different game than has been advertised from start. Although I haven’t seen people asking for RTS (for multiplayer maybe, but not RTS).

I think the option to look at your character from 3rd person perspective should be there at all times (with limited zoom possibilities to prevent give-aways like hidden guards) … playing with it in third person is not something I would favor.

If only they could do it, it would be an amazing game for me. Im just tired of all these First person games, they all felt the same to me, i could never get into it. Ive been waiting for a game like this for a long time, but when they said it was first person, i was disappointed. If they cant make it Third person, then i hope they NEVER add a multiplayer.

With the mo-cap being done from a first-person format for combat reasons, that method simply will not function the same if you try to make a third-person option.

And no offense, but this question has been covered countless times already. Please familiarize yourself with the past discussions.

1 Like

I just made this account an hour ago. I’m still very new to these forums. besides, this is probably the last and only time i will ever post on this forum again. I don’t feel very welcome here, so i will probably leave. I’ve asked my question and It was answered. That was all i needed.

If you can’t handle contrasting opinions after not taking the time to see if your question’s been covered first, no - you probably won’t last long here.

2 Likes