Can you not win a clinch with a shield in hand?

Can you not win a clinch with a shield in hand? Some people says you win a clinche automatically based on random factors but from what I have seen that’s not the case. It seems to me that you use the kick button to win a clinche. If I can’t kick with a shield then I can’t win a clinche with a shield correct? That means this is more of a 2 handed weapon skill?

LMB or RMB (or controller equiv) are what ya use for clinches, not the kick button, and you have to be fairly quick at clicking it when you’re still peasant henry. Eventually, I was winning all clinches with ease on my sword and board Henry when his stats were eventually levelled and I had the clinch master perk.

Thank you for the reply, so would that be the slash button or the poke button?

I initiate a clinch by closing the distance with my opponent and hitting the block button, mashing it rather. Once the clinch animation goes I start mashing either slash or stab, both result in different animations if you win the clinch. After that make sure you’re strength it good and grab the perk to win more clinches and you’ll be dominating opponents in no time; maybe go see Cpt Bernard and practice on him

Honestly it doesnt matter wat button you smash it triggers a different animation for instance a light attack Will be a light punch in the face heavy a knee and a kick actually shoves Them back

I was pretty sure it depended on what action you used; I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure if I only stab I’ll always punch him in the face…doesn’t matter ultimately, I just like to think I had some control lol

1 Like

Once you get it down though you can stun lock Cpt Bernard in a corner and mess him up…be careful though, you’ll raise you skills quite fast and become very powerful, almost too powerful…they may have balanced this out some but I’m sure it’s still far from perfect

This is all very helpful thank you!

1 Like

I have just recently learned that clinches do not work this way in real life :frowning: