Cannot get more than 30-35 fps

Greetings there,

I’ve installed the beta about two months ago, but I’m unable to get more than 30-35 fps. I’ve tried low/medium/high/Very high, but everywhere it’s the same. I understand it’s still Beta but during combat it’s a bit hard with the low fps.

My specs are as follows:

Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB
Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
16 GB RAM
500GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO

It’s more than an year old never updated unoptimized version and it will stay that way until the release. Their current dev build runs much better and so will the final game.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply. The game looks and feels fantastic and I can barely wait to dive into this fantastic world.

95% have 25-35 FPS :slight_smile: maybe FPS in Beta are locked
(miss click…sry Freix)

1 Like

No, its not locked, but it is not optimized. Thats why there is not much difference between low and high settings, there isn´t much change if you press this buttons in the settings yet.

1 Like

And it is more other aspects which are unoptimised than the graphics. Specifically the world state and AI (both npc and intelligent regions) - which is the main reason for the slow wait/sleep progression - where almost no graphics are being rendered.

These have been overhauled completely since March 2016 according to interviews and streams, and AI overhead is seemingly in line with other titles despite continuing to use the intelligent locations and NPC combination due to adding LODs and other changes.

1 Like