Can't get out of Talmberg, gate's bugged

Another way to get out is to get caught committing a crime. You get kicked out of the castle for that. Not sure if Robard will care enough about rescuing you later :wink:

I made it out without the armor. I jumped off the bridge and ran North.

I’m sorry, are you here playing my game? I got armor up in a tower down the hall from Stephanie but when I try to leave, the stupid guard Radim won’t open the gate even tho I was successful in the conversation. I even tried paying him and that went fine and he still wouldn’t open the gate. So yeah, I finally gave up and jumped off the bridge but I’m a completionist and wanted to get all the objectives and have a horse to ride off with. Whatever, I’m just glad I finally got out of that town. Now I can’t get past the stupid lockpicking tutorial with Peshek. I’ve tried at least 20x to open that lock and can’t do it. It’s such an awful system on PS4. Not to mention that quest is bugged as well cuz I get kicked out of the minigame and when I try to access the lock it says I have no lockpicks and I’m unable to talk to Peshek, he just stands there with his name grayed out as if I’m still trying to open the lock.

That’s funny, my good friend’s name is Zack Padon lol

1 Like

Damn, one letter off.

You follow the road like many of us. Same here; wanted to get out of Talberg the right way, but failed (doesn’t even matter anyway, nothing is different, just steal a horse until you get one as a reward).
Failed the lockpicking with that Peshek also, only managed to do it halfway game…
Prepare yourself; never, never did I managed to pickpocket. You seem to head that same way…

It is bugged, here’s a workaround to get back in Talmberg:

BooHoo… Cry me a river.

1 Like

A. You can take the horse off the bridge
B. If you’re a true completionist you would have had to jump off anyway, cuz you’re going to have to do everything every way
C. With the current amount of quest related/game breaking bugs and you being a completionist you’re gonna want to shelf this title for a little bits

Same I just sprinted for the woods my first play through. Tried sneaking around the guards after jumping off the bridge but that failed miserably.

I had the same issues and felt exactly the same way.

1. Lockpick. Difficult as it was the key is NOT to do it to slow or to fast but try do it in one swift motion when rotating both analog sticks. Good tip is you can stop and start again when the sweet spot cursor is reset and better positioned.

2. After requiring armour needed. Talk to the guard (while in your new armour) to open the gate BEFORE getting the horse. Go back then get the horse and by the time you return the gate should be opened.

Hope this helps.

Its not bugged. If you piss people off thats the kind of thing to expect in this game.

If you think thats a bug you have to rethink your approach.
A closed door in kcd means ypu have to find a way around.

About the saving issue…where are the 3 potions you got in skalitz?
There is a save and sleep bed close to talmberg and also in the castle.

Spread around the world are countless options to save for free.
Or cheaper than saviour schnapps you can save at the bathhouse.

Lockpicking is supposed to be difficult,what good would locks do if they are easily opened by every peasant?

Try to let go of the wrong/right and i have to finish all quests approach and think what would i do if i was there.

Hiya. I’ve found a fix. I had the armour, pinched from a guard I knocked out, and also couldn’t get the guard to open the gate even though he said he would.
The guard who actually opens the gate is stuck on a ladder above the gate. I walked around up onto the walkway. Climbed down the ladder, that he’s stuck on, and back up again which freed him and the gate opened which I left through on my horse.
I don’t understand these goons who refuse to admit that some of us are having this problem.

1 Like

They are not always ‘goons’; many people who joined the consensus of ‘complain, complain, complain’ take their complaints too far; and mostly just parrot negative statements they have heard others mention.

A person getting stuck on a ladder (well done for solving, btw) is an unusual reason to get caught out here/this part of the game.

This thread was revived months after creation, by someone who had something to chime in.
Not all issues that people register are issues- this game doesn’t hold hands and sometimes, like proper old skool rpgs, the puzzle was trying to move on… (ever played zork or text classics like ‘hitch hikers guide to the galaxy’- these games explain middle aged baldness in much of the population).

The goons you refer to are actually great gamers trying to keep this game fairly represented.
All sides can have their ‘zealots’.
Lets not diss whole groups due to ‘one or two’.
If anything this is the ‘new world’ way to develop social skills.

The posts you might be refering to - on a thread that had ended, and the game has since been patched multiple times… it is fair to say the Original Posters question is no longer their concern.

I understand why we continue these threads on (eg walking up and down ladder freed a stuck animation)…
A little understanding (empathy) goes a long way.

Ihave not had issues with the game. I wouldn’t think that is true for everyone. I would wish to help people to have a trouble free experience with this game. Hence Icome to these forums…

but yea… ‘get gud’. :wink: