Can't get out of Talmberg, gate's bugged

If anyone can help me get out of Talmberg with a horse and armor that would be awesome. I’ve encountered a game breaking bug where Radim (the guard at the gate) won’t open the gate even tho I succeeded in the conversation. I’ve had to reload a save that was almost an hour earlier 3x and every time he just says ok and then never opens the gate. Not to mention that I couldn’t even get the armor from the gatehouse cuz the lockpicking minigame is so ridiculously difficult on PS4. I mean it’s a very easy lock for crying out loud and I’ve tried at least 5x and failed every time. The lockpicks are frickin 18 gold (whose dumbass idea was that) so I can’t even buy more than 2 lockpicks. I want to like this game so much but the lockpicking, bugs and awful save system is completely ruining it for me. I understand they’re going for realism but I should at least be able to save my game without having to buy an impossibly expensive drink to do it. People who want realism can just choose not to save but the rest of us should be allowed to save when we want. I shouldn’t have to play 2hrs of gameplay over again cuz I had to leave my house and couldn’t save my game cuz I can’t afford a stupid bottle of Savior’s Schnapps. Ugh I’m so frustrated cuz I just want to play and I can’t even get out of this stupid town cuz of this bug (that should’ve been fixed with the patches but nope). I’ve been playing games for 20+ years and I’ve never encountered game breaking bugs like this on any game, not even Bethesda games. If I did encounter bugs in Skyrim for example, loading the previous save usually fixed it. But I can’t even do that here cuz of the awful save system. C’mon Warhorse, get it together and fix these problems that shouldn’t be happening in the 1st place! You had 4yrs, this is unacceptable!!

You can’t leave unless you have the armor on.

Yes. the lockpicking sucks on a controller. Thank goodness I can use my kb and mouse for that. Playing controller on PC myself.

Also learn how to make paragraph’s .

2 Likes

I don’t know about ps4 as I also play on pc, but you can jump off the drawbridge and scoot. Even on a horse, if you can’t pick the lock on the chest etc. you can get under the chains…There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

1 Like

I had your problem as well, every load is different and I got detected 5 times to do the lock picking. I am on Xbox and it took a while to get use to the lock picking, I am really good at it now, just take this time to practice. Save the game before lock picking and if you can get a controller it’s Easyer then the mouse and keyboard

You can get the armor without lockpicking as well.

Try to think about every possibility in real life and then try it. Usualy it will work :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is NOT bugged.

2 Likes

For some people it is. It’s still a miracle how many people don’t have issues and many do have. Gladly, i’m not in the second camp. :wink::wine_glass:

1 Like

When I got quest to leave Talmberg, I simply left… Jumped off the bridge…:slight_smile: I missed that armor though.

2 Likes

Same. But, still, there’re many cool ways to pass it. :relieved:

That is the thing, there are so many ways to actually complete a quest.

Just because you can’t complete the quest the way you want to, does not mean it is bugged.

5 Likes

Hi,
problem (on PS4) for me was: I started playing with version 1.0 and later updated and continued playing on Version 1.02 which broke the game for me on this very step to escape talmberg.
So, if you’ve done the same: Congratz, start new game with 1.03 (the actual patch) and delete all saves
If you already started the game with the actual version: Forget what I just have written. I just was lucky then in my run.

Greetings

Yes it is.

When I wear the armor, the guard says “All right I will open the gate.” and shouts the order “OPEN THE GATE!

And then nothing happens, even if you wait for a few minutes. The gate does not open. The quest is bugged.

Jump down from the wall, or from the bridge between the walled village and the castle, there’s really no reason to get through the gate.

1 Like

I knocked out a guard and stole his stuff. Got out of the gate though, but wonder if it would’ve been better to jump off the bridge.
Even after doing alot of missions, kicking Cuman arse, I’ve got 25 in relations in Talmberg, and -25 with the soldiers (they are reeeeally pissed at me). And I can’t do anything to improve it.

you can definitely leave with out the armor, but you’re going to want your horse. There is a bridge connection upper Talmberg with Lower Talmber, for lack of better names. YOu can totally bail off that bridge. If you leave, the guards will catch you unless you have the horse though. Which, the original horse you escape Skalitz on, is in the stables in Talmberg when you’re trying to escape.

If you have the armor, and the gate wont work even after he calls for it to open the quest is probably bugged. HOWEVER, that is not the only way to get out. Try jumping off the bridge. The good news for you, is that there is no difference in ways of escaping except 99% of the people jumping are jumping because they dont have guard armor and they need to run quick before they get caught and sent back to Talmberg. YOU, however, have the armor. So just jump off the bridge, tell yourself you left through the gate, and move on. They will need to fix this, yes, but if you can still get the armor and you can still get out of Talmberg, I would say there are bigger fish to fry with this game right now lol. Hope you can get out homie

They didn’t catch me…:wink: I lost them between houses, then i tried to find a horse and one guard caught me, but I talked myself out of it. He sympathised with my need to bury parents and asked me to fake hit him. Then I walked all the way to Skalitz.

1 Like

I had that dialogue too…but then two other guards saw me lol

Must admit it was quite easy for me to escape the guards without horse (this is not bragging, I suck at games). Just avoid the town and run for the forest. Guards forget about your escape fast enough.

yea, i just ran down the street I think lol. Next time I just took the horse