Cant kill the cumans?

Im wearing a bascinet, plate cuirass and legs, no gauntlets since persuasion failed on the supplies guys and so gg no guantlets ever for me :’(. also i was wearing a gambeson. lo and behold i get 4/5 of my health hit off me by the archer cuman? how do i kill them?

Archer cuman?

Killing cumans is extremly hard. I was successful only when I lured them on top of the hill and danced around them so they were in one line and the landed a few hits. That’s lengthy way and I had to try many times.

Another way is to approach the camp from the other side than is the way. This will cofuse The NPCs which will lead to you only having to deal with one at the time.

But defeating them both in their camp is nearly impossible.

There is several ways to approach this, the easiest is to use the bow to kill one and then take on the other 1v1 (maybe stick him with a few arrows first as well).

In my experiences using the controller has been the only way to successfully switch back and fourth between the two enemies, otherwise with a key board and mouse its just two difficult to take them on at once (the current combat build has only been designed for 1v1 at this time).

Dodge and Parry, never block the cost to your stamina however small is too much.

Train, train, train. Competing in archery levels your strength, defeating enemies in the arena levels your sword skill. I cannot say for sure how much effect this has, but I always have a much easier time after training up. I am still not sure if this is stat change me being warmed up and ready to go.

Poor proky still has not mastered his sword. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

2 Likes

lol i don’t know if patch made it harder, but i killed them easily. i just splash and stab spammed the lesser armored guy to death then carefully dealt with the armored guy. involved a lot of backpedaling and running away, but it works.

1 Like

There are multiple enemies?? Curious to know how that plays out. One thing that has occurred to me is that is it possible to incapacitate an enemy with one really well placed hit -like the eye lol? Reason being that this would be essential for fighting multiple foes as a grind out 100% of the time would obviously mean bad news for the player

In short: are critical hits possible?

As far as i know the only part of the body where you can land a “critical hit”, is the head. If they’re not wearing a helmet they will be a one shot, according to the devs.

But this does not incapacitate them, it merely does more damage then hitting some where else on the body.

Fair enough. Realistically I dont think too many fighter could hold up to continue fighting in any sort of a skilled way after having had their eye slashed or poked out but alas we settle for gameplay. To compensate it should rely on the opponents skill level - a knight very well may continue unabated as would a special forces soldier continue after taking 3 shots while the civilian…not so much.

Don’t forget about armor. :wink:

In response to the original topic, I can’t seem to kill the Cumans either. After i beat each solider in a fight (by knocking them out of the arena) i set out with my armor ready to kick some Cuman ass. Right as I’m about to start fighting one of them i hear that damn error noise, then my game crashes.

I follow the fence on the north side of the hill, then climb the hill to the tree that overlooks the camp, drink an archer potion (even at archery level 20+ it helps for long distance shooting), and put a shaft in one of them (can take a few shots to get it dialed in). Then it becomes an archery duel. If they both come at you, back pedal and try to take out the guy who is flanking you on the left. If one gets close and charges switch to sword and charge back. One of them 'em seems to have limited arrows, if you can run him out you can pincushion him at your leisure.
Wearing lots of armor makes it harder to sneak up on them. Dunno if it’s random or real but hitting 'em just at sun rise seems to be easier.
It also helps to have a lot of bandages (steal or buy from Samopesh merchant) and Marigold potions (collect LOTS of marigolds and brew at least 5 or 6 potions - 10 is better). If you catch an arrow slam down 3 potions and you’ll have enough health to keep fighting full tilt. You’ll need to bandage yourself up (assuming you win the fight) before you bleed out. Having the extra Marigold (healing) potions helps you hold on if you don’t have enough bandages right away - but lack of bandages can lead to a life spent collecting marigolds and racing back to the herb woman’s shack to brew more while waiting for an opportunity to get more bandages.
I still die sometimes, though. But I can get 'em both most of the time. DO practice your archery until you are at least a level 20 archer.

What? I dropped three of them, including the archer without breaking a sweat…although the last one ignored me as I walked up behind him and curbstomped him… I didn’t even have to use a bandage, they were so easy to fight…

In the alpha people didn’t know how to fight 2v1 and people would drop all their stamina on one guy while the other shot them. Then they’d have no HP and bleed to death. They were also under the mistaken impression that combat in the open world would be like the arena fights.

The fight was quite easy if you took them out 1v1 or had any skill with the bow. I found the easiest way was to sneak up on one when he was far from the other, kill him before he even noticed I was there, and then repeat for the second.

There is no point bumping threads that were started a year ago and are about a version you’re not even playing.

any opponent in this game is snapped right mouse button. If a problem occurs in a fight with two opponents, you need to get away from them. In this case, they lag behind from each other and can kill them one by one. If an archer against you, you need to find a place where he would have to go in hand to hand combat. Or run up to him in zigzags, that he could not get a bow.

My bad, I didn’t check the date and just noticed the headline. I’m wondering that the Cumans now ignore my character because he’s decked out in Cuman armor. Has that been discussed?

You are correct. Against two opponents you must sidestep in order to get them to interfere with each other and use one as a shield against the other. It works in real life. You must also be aware of the terrain. In woods, the trees are your friends and two trees could act as a barricade, allowing opponents to engage one at a time.