Can't lock picking

cant lockpick very easy , too difficult for me

For me too!

yes, I can not do that either.

Umm… ok. Are you wanting help or are you just posting to say you can’t do it?

Help please.
I come to the first light up of the thing in the “gear” thing. Then the lockpick breaks off …

If the pick is breaking instantly then the lock is too difficult for your lockpicking level. Level it up some more on easier locks. You have to keep the yellow dot as large as possible as you are turning the lock around.

1 Like

@Crellion: Are you on pc or console? Are you trying to lock pick with a controller? Use a mouse/keyboard if you can, much easier. LPing with controller is doable but aggravating. I can do very hard locks with controller, no problem, but it took lots of practice. Oh, and LPing is always difficult when starting out, the game is designed that way. It will get easier as you level. When you get your first LP skill point, spend it on Lasting Lockpicks, you won’t regret it.

1 Like

Lock picking takes time and patience. It took me a long time to get the skill down… Muck like pickpocketing, you have be patient.

Dudes, he is not complaining about the difficult itself, I guess (OR BETTER “HOPE” HAHA). He CAN’T open any easy lock in general!
Like if you try to pick a hard lock without skills…

…if not: Get gut, god dammit :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Not a another lockpicking thread plz!!!

1 Like

that was very helpful. I opened my first lock … 4 lockpicks … but open
Thx.

It took me ages to do it at first. Was like “omg lockpicking sucks”, but once I figured out how it worked it became easy. I can now pick any lock that my skill allows with little effort.