Can't Talk to Reeky in Cave

So I got to the cave where Reeky is hiding out. I listened to the dialog of the guy that is there with him. When he was done I stealthed up behind him and attacked. Managed to kill him before he even got his blade out.
So the dude that was trying to “get” information from Reeky is dead. However; when I face Reeky, the button to talk is greyed out. Am I missing something?

Nop sounds more like bug. Maybe time to report

No it´s a bug. Please report to the new bug tracking system

http://support.kingdomcomerpg.com/

Thank you!

One guy? What happened to other two? I remember one time that only two of them came after us, and we killed them both, and the other guy was at the tree line, not doing anything. Shield on his back, so not in combat stance, but I couldn’t talk to Reeky. Once I killed that last one, I was able to talk to Reeky.

Perhaps the game considers you still in combat if the other two are around somewhere. If you can’t see them, then you can just kill Reeky and move on with the quest. You can also let him live if you prefer.

I guess he came to Reeky’s place too late, after those three came there to interrogate Reeky. I had only one guy as well, but I was able to talk to Reeky. I think they’ve just beaten him and two left that place while third guy stayed for interrogation, because scene was looking completely normal. I killed the only guy then I was able to talk to dying Reeky. After that you can finish him.
This happened in every repetition of this scene and I was there for maybe 6 or 7 times, so maybe it’s correct to be like this.
No possibility to talk to Reeky is certain bug. You should be able to kill the only guy and talk to Reeky.
Maybe @Blacksmith can tell us about numbers of enemies?

Here you can see him coming too late, and there are three guys there. If you’re only seeing one, it’s possible the other two are “at the pub” or something.

Yes, three enemies are “normal”. If you don´t kill them before, they arrive at twelve o´clock on day 2 at the mine.
You can meet two of them at 12 o´clock day 1 at the inn in Talmberg. They are talking about Reeky. :smile:
If you follow them, and you will also find Reeky (Day2).

If you kill one (or more) Bandits, they don´t go to the mine. There is no cutsceen with them.

Coming just in time, there are 3 Bandit. They start to torture Reeky.

Coming to late, maybe one or three Bandits. But this option looks buggy… :slight_smile:

I wonder what happens if you carry an unconscious, but not dead, bandit with you when you meet Reeky.

It’s nice that the encounter is so elaborate. I did notice them talking about Reeky before, but I didn’t realize they were the same bandits you meet at the Reeky’s cave.

I think I understand what you mean.
There is always a problem with the dialogs. If you come in with cuman clothes, or look like a soldier from Talmberg there should be also a different dialog.
There are so many options, I don´t think WH can handle all.

Well ok looks like i always came too late or just in time. There was always only one torturing Reeky. When i came just in time we heard something outside of cave so we went there to see them and fight them. Sometimed i killed those two in tavern or somewhere else and they disnt come so thats good too.
Is it possible i can see them in tavern in little village to west of merhojed? I saw guy with two yellow stripes on shield with another guy sitting at the table but i didnt care more as i was dealing with that bad guy terrorizing local barmaid…

Thanks for all the input.
I have reported this as a bug.
I guess I need to find the other 2 and kill them as well. Maybe that will advance the quest, but now I have to worry about Reeky leaving the cave (??) Will be interesting to see what happens next I guess.

The three bandits start the game on the hill outside Talmberg. Two of them begin walking to Talmberg, while the last one stays in camp.

I haven’t found the four bandits that appear when you talk to Timmy’s sister yet. They do eventually get to Samopesh from the mill, but no idea where they are before that.

They should be from the big cuman/bandit camp.
I think there is an option if you help them to find Timmy, they tell you where the camp is… :slight_smile:

Really? I followed them to Samopesh. I asked them to follow me to Timmy, and they follow me REALLY slowly, and then head back to Samopesh before we reach Kolben’s Estate. If I ask them to follow me, and then I attack Timmy myself, and kite Timmy to Samopesh, they start attacking all the peasants and soldiers in Samopesh.

Edit: I finally got it to work. You need to pass speech checks to do it though. I usually use intimidation to make Timmy talk. I tried it with gold this time, and then the leader of the four bandits talks to Timmy. Even the diplomat’s speech skill isn’t high enough. Too much effort for that 24G.

If you pay Timmy, then intimidate Morcock, he tells you to meet him at the bandit camp, but since you have to pay Timmy first, it’s not really worth it. The promised 24G never eventuates. I guess it’s an alternative way to enter the camp though. You also don’t need a Cuman disguise.

You get another cutscene, which is worth doing for that I guess. I also managed to jump over the fence and kill Runt BEFORE the battle. Then I did the battle, and Runt was there again.

I found Morcock in the bandit camp. I killed him. Then I went to Timmy’s sister and the cutscene started to play, but with a dead Morcock, it didn’t complete. Interestingly, a dark skinned NPC that isn’t part of the usual four showed up in the cutscene. He looked a lot like Von Karol from 0.5 alpha.

Despite having killed everyone in the bandit camp that I could find, two bandits did still show up once the failed cutscene ended. Interestingly, the dark skinned Von Karol lookalike, was not one of them.

Pointless game breaking fun for anyone interested in that kind of thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have the game (beta) , but i wondering what happens if you don’t find Reeky in the first 2 days? Will the quest just…end?

The Quest doesn´t end. Another things will happen :wink:

1 Like

Ahh great. :slight_smile: I already thought I’ll be pushed through the main quest. So i also kan start with sidequests then?