Charisma Stat?

i think charisma is a pointless stat if u have high level of speech. :frowning:

Yeah i dont think it is a very importent stat:) I was trying to test the charisma vs prices and haggling when i found the problem. I think it give you a boost to reputation too. When i did some research about it i found out many others was wondering about the same. There is the same with noice and visibility too.

30 dandelions gave me the flower power perk which is charisma +2

I mean that the game is too new to know about everything that affects the stats.
Wait a year and then check the fan wiki and you’ll know exactly why charisma is what it is.

Dandelions are useless regarding fragrance in real life, I have no about herbalism in the game since I’ve not played around with it. But 30 seems like a lot, so it’s clearly a less fragrant flower than the one that Rixoli (above) used.

Dandelions may be less fragrant than some, but they are more fragrant than nettles or thistles and just as easy to find without trying very hard when you first start, and most people know what they are if you have ever seen grass in Europe, and 30 of them only abound to ~3 units of inventory space.

Sounds like a good solution m8. If you got a problem just wait a year and maybe somebody else give you a solution. Good good good. I think i use that solution irl also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To clarify certain things and put them into one reply:

For the Flower Power (Herbalism level 5 perk, not Maintenance), you need a minimum of 30 fragrant flowers in your inventory, specifically Belladona, Chamomile, Dandelion, Marigold, or Thistle. This gives you +2 Charisma as long as you have 30, no less, in your inventory.

Fragrance is a Maintenance level 3 Perk. With freshly laundered clothes on (meaning washed at a bath or making love with a bathmaid), you have +1 higher Charisma for one day. I recommend sex with the bathmaid, which is free with the Troubador perk in the Speech skill, for an additional +2 Charisma.

Charisma is calculated by an average of your clothing stats (larger pieces of clothing like chest and leg pieces have the potential for larger bonuses or penalties) as well as your Speech skill. ONLY the outermost pieces count towards this average. For example, if you have a super stylish arming doublet on, but it is covered by a dirty or broken leather jerkin or waffenrock, the arming doublet will not matter in the slightest.

To counteract the previous point, if you are wearing plate armor (which usually has a high charisma bonus but anyway) and have a Defense Skill of 12, you can take the perk Knight in Shining Armour. In sunny weather, the glint of your armour will dazzle everyone so much, you’ll be taken for a noble knight and have a +4 Charisma bonus.

So even with terrible clothing, if you have the above perks and an even semi-decent speech, there is not much your Charisma can’t achieve in this game, in my experience. Now with that said, I understand that the Charisma calculation is not transparent, and I haven’t come up with a mathematical calculation of it (though I am trying), but it is intuitive once you take he above things into account.

I hope this helps whoever reads this. God be with you.

To add to what Rixoli was saying, wounds also influence your, well, influence as well so going to the bathhouses occasionally helps.

Oh and reputation in a town as well. The game does explain it shortly, but it leaves a lot of questions open for the players to discover. Personally I’ve found trial and error to work best. Currently my Charisma is at 12 and my character is quite a beginner knight as of this moment.

In terms of a question represented about different stats on the same item, there is a hidden quality stat at least in weapons and armor. So say for example you might find two Cuman bows somewhere, but one of them might have higher strength requirements, damage numbers and monetary value even though in name and look they are otherwise identical. I am not certain if this extends to clothing items because there is less communicated information there than with weapons, but keep your eye out on gear stats and you’ll notice this at least.

i think it’s tied to vitality, since vitality is increased when you screw the bathwenches and it gives you a charisma buff i believe charisma is influnced by stats as a whole
the more Strength henry has the more attractive he becomes
same thing with vitality though not sure about agility

i’ve actually did a playthorugh where i got a Helmet very very early (with visor) at the prolouge by simplying cheesing late-game bandits with headshots
and never got a single scar on my face

getting scarred decreases your charisma though i don’t know if it’s pernement or not
isn’t there a manual for this game?

To respond to above, Speech is the only main stat connected to Charisma. Wounds and scars are not permanent, and a bathmaid visit heals scars, wounds, and cleans clothes as well as Henry. When you sleep and heal, your wounds also go away.

But yes, being wounded, bloody, and dirty lowers your momentary Charisma. If you’re gonna talk to someone in town, at least find a trough to wipe off blood. Weapons are not cleaned this way, instead needing to be repaired.

Speaking of repair, the actual condition of your equipment (shown in inventory) also affects charisma. You can have a fine ass shirt on but if it’s broken, it’s no better than a beggar’s rag.

Best Charisma is achieved with the perks I mentioned in my previous post, fully repaired and cleaned equipment, and a healthy, clean Henry.

Just to add a little thing. You said you only wear two pieces. That means you are running nearly naked through the streets. You see it makes sense that your charisma is lowered. At least that’s how I explain it to myself.
If you want to max your charisma for a situation my advice would be to try around with your equipment until you have the best value. Is quicker for me to get it somehow…good than trying to calculate through every item.

When you’re naked it looks to me like you go down to your base charisma, which I believe is 5. A clean and healthy Henry with no clothes on and a Speech of 1 and I had Charisma at 5. At 20 Speech, Naked, no charisma perks, healthy and clean (used console commands to test), it went up to 10.

One more thing about reputation, you will not see how it affects you on your inventory screen. You will only see it affect you in actual Speech checks. Also keep in mind that your Reputation in a region is based on an average of smaller reputations - villagers, traders, noblemen, soldiers, etc. For example in Rattay, as a thief, the Skalitz beggars loved me and the soldiers hated me. When talking to beggars my Charisma was more effective.

Thanks for reply. No im not running around almost naked lol xD I was only trying to figure out how the system works :slight_smile:

I appriciate all replies though i knew all of it already :slight_smile: I know about all perks, cleaning, reputation and all. In all my research i found out that max charisma without perks and everything can be 16 only with clothing so thats ok. I can only say that there are some bugs in the clothing system, and that it is confirmed by devs now. BUT its no big deal and should not be a problem before they patch it:) I am a perfectionist and noticed it and was wondering if it was a bug or just me.

Hi,
I know screens are in polish lang but you can recognize tables (which are which).
Can someone tell me why this same stats of clothes give different charisma points?

P.S.
Screens made in same time (± 2sec max)

Possibly due to the value difference? I’m not sure though.

After further testing, the value of the clothes does affect how much the Charisma value is actually worth, but to a very small degree. I mean decimal points honestly. The issue here is that the 1st outfit brought the charisma average to juuuuuuuuuust above 17.0, so it bumped up charisma to 17.

While I can’t find or calculate exact numbers, it’s like the Charisma of the 1st piece is 14.7, and the Charisma of the second piece is 14.4, and by some wizardry called math, that .3 difference bumps up Henry’s average charisma to 17.1 instead of 16.9. Again, these aren’t real mumbers, just theoretical.

Hmm… you could be right about it …

Have you repaired one of them yourself? I’ve noticed you have the Savile Row perk - that’s usually the reason for the difference.