Choose Your Platform - PC (Linux)

Dear KCD team,

Just got an email asking me to choose my platform. I have a Linux gaming PC but can’t see the option in the dropdown menu in my KCD profile. I know Linux had been originally promised and then it got all fuzzy - but I’m not giving up hopes yet.

Is there any chance the Linux version is eventually released? Have you made any decisions or plans yet? Would you consider a third-party port (Feral, Aspyr)?

Thanks a lot!

O.

5 Likes

I would be interested in reply to this too. I backed it because there was promised linux port. Just a few days ago I was searching for an answer on this forum, because there wasn’t any official statement and found out, that it will not be technically possible to create linux beta and that final version is still planned for Linux. Then I found another post, where Dan Vavra says that Linux port will not probably happen, because of Crytek. But still not yet official statement. Since we’re pushing to decision between Windows & consoles version and if we wouldn’t chose any we’ll get Windows version automatically, I think Linux port was silently canceled. This is really disappointing for me and I would really like to hear/read some official statement about that.

Maybe @DrFusselpulli can answer that for us.

Thanks.

Same, I’d really like to know. Otherwise I’ll have to get a refund. I don’t own Windows.