Closed Face Helmets (Medieval Knight Armet Helmet)

Why are there no closed face helmets like sir radzig in the game? (the Medieval Armet Helmet) It’s goddamn iconic just add it. Look I’ll even do the 3D work for you for free. How high is your polycont? I will do all the work for you. A half decent looking helmet is all I’m asking for. You add it on dlc will spend 20$ for a single helmet that looks like sir radzig. Please Respond Warhorse. Missed opportunity by a huge margin let’s not add the most Commonly known Armet helmet to the game for reasons

The armet is a type of helmet which was developed in the 15th century. It was extensively used in Italy, France, England, the Low Countries and Spain. It was distinguished by being the first helmet of its era to completely enclose the head while being compact and light enough to move with the wearer. Like i said Missed opportunity It’s like they never read the history books or seen a knight on TV…

In fact I’m having a really hard time trying to find a single Helmet that looks at all like the Visored Helmets currently in the game. Even grand bascinet was an Early design… And it would probably have been replaced by the Armet. Radzig has one. It’s not a LORDS helmet it’s used commonly by knights and would be superior to the Tilted Grand basicnet

LOL :grinning: there are closed helmets. Radzig has his own unique helmet, because he’s a fucking lord! They wanted to make him look special, not like any other peasant. But maybe exist some mode for helmets, I don’t know.

They’re not closed face helmets they’re basicnets with visors. A closed face helmet Aka Armet Helmet is the type that sir radzig used. It’s not funny funny man. It’s historical and they’re should be more than one in common use. They were as fas as I Know used for Jousting.

The closed face helmet being a specific type of helm. It’s similar in design to the grand bassenet. (No idea if that’s spelled correctly)

It often came with a metal ridge or fin on the top of the helmet.

So this is a funny question to you? The current helmets may be regional (doubtful) but they’re pretty terrible especially the unprotected jaw line and free floating visor. Also only used for defense against arrows or during jousting or cavalry charges. Secondly really sad they’re is no jousting.

Looks more like a griffon bascinet to me, but I would love it either way.

This is a Griffin Bascinet, The above is an Armet helmet

And this is a German Bascinet similar to the one featured in the game that’s half a Century out of date and style. https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-uqx7oeb/images/stencil/1000x1000/products/92/3824/German_Klappvisor_1__73282.1528634640.jpg?c=2

I meant radzig looks like he’s wearing a griffon.

You’re right I took a second look at it. Still Armet would be a nice addition to the game. Any modders out there that have been able to add new assets to the game?

Firstly, Radzig has bascinet with visor too, it’s just more fancy looking. Secondly these helmets you are showing are from later period, not beginning of the 15. century. There could be theoretically some early ones, but certainly not in Bohemia, everything came from west and it took sometimes decades to get there. Also, such a helmet could afford just a knight and nobility, not common trooper.
There could be instead of this some bucket helmet type, like had templars, but in 1403 were most common fashion in Bohemia bascinets and “hats” so who would wear a bucket :grinning:
Warhorse studied this period perfectly, have historian etc., I think they know what are they doing. And answer for jousting, this region is mostly just country with villages, land has no king and it’s basically civil war. Not to mention it was again, fun for the kings and nobility, not sons of the blacksmiths and peasants. Maybe in the next part.

Knight on TV are not the best source, if you want at least basic historical accuracy.

Why it’s not in the game? The answer is in the same Wikipedia article you copied this from:

“The earliest surviving armet dates to 1420 and was made in Milan”
The game takes place in 1403 Bohemia.

4 Likes

wish there were a few relic or vintage helmets lying around in treasure chests
great helm, norman conical helm etc

2 Likes

Yes, it would be interesting. For example discover some old celtic/germanic grave with old sword or helmet. It’s not even a historical nonsense, because they were in Bohemia. Or at least something maybe from 12th century. Everything you find in treasures is basically modern (for that age), and that’s weird.

1 Like

And mostly in perfect (100%) conditions! That´s more weird.
Would be much more realistic being in bad conditions (30-0%).

1 Like