Combat Cam

I’m old. I’ve played a LOT of games. The combat in KC:D is one of my favorite combat systems of ALL time. Shields are held in multitudes of ways. Weapons get deflected. People fall down and tumble around. When you get exhausted, you shake more.

This is all kinds of awesome.

You know what would also be awesome? Being able to WATCH the fight you just had.

Yes, this is incredibly videogamey, but it’s really fun. I remember my first experience with a “Cinematic Combat Cam” at the turn of the 80’s/90’s (“Their Finest House” on Amiga) and there have been numerous examples since (Star Wars: Empire At War was really fun w/ its cinematic cam).

And I don’t mean just a Kill Cam, cuz in this game that would likely be boring.

The game knows when you’re in combat… what would be really neat (and I fully acknowledge not exactly simple) would be if it saved the data from each fight and then had a file where you could reload the data and watch it from a floating spectator cam.

Basically it would look the same as when you come across fights and just watch w/out getting involved… except these fights would already be done and you’d be studying your own fights and stuff like that.

… just an idea. Almost definitely a pipe dream of course.

3 Likes

Yeah, a replay would be nice.
I Like the Animation of the finishing move with an axe :slight_smile:

Indeed! The animations in this game are pretty impressive, and considering that most swordplay in videogames is just “slash through character with huge arc of particle effects” whereas KCD is actual contact and movement and all that… it’s kinda the game I’ve been waiting for since I discovered the concept of collision detecting in gaming a few decades ago.

The closest thing I’ve seen to this level of detail and believability was an old boxing game called Fight Night. Good times.

Great idea which can actually be implemented.Would love to watch fights that I fought just now .Same like GTA 5 action cam

That reminds me, is there an idea/suggestion/improvements section? I don’t want to spam the forums, but I have questions/ideas that, after a few dozen hours of play, I think I might be de-newbied enough to warrant suggesting.

For example… I’d REALLY love a “important stuff to save” or “do not sell” or “junk” category distinction in your chest. Or, y’know, more than one home chest.

I’d like to be able to have more than one go-to outfit. For example, I like to role-play, and so I often like to have my best armor, my best fancy clothing, my best peasant clothing, my best cuman clothing, etcetera. There are numerous ways to do this. Dragon Age: Origins had a great “Junk” category where you could designate something as “yup, go ahead and sell all this crap.”

Basically, I’m currently using a spreadsheet to keep track of things. I know I’m overdoing it, but it seems that Outfits aren’t a completely unheard of concept in RPGs where clothing makes an impact beyond simple cosmetics.

Also… one thing I think is nearly required as an improvement is the ability to sort by clothing slot. I absolutely LOVE that there are 16 different friggin types of clothing (4 for your torso alone). But after a big battle/raid/whaetver where you’ve looted eight bad guys, it can be a real pain to try to determine which Outer Body Garment is the best to replace your now-ruined brocade jacket.

And I have plenty more… where’s the best sub-forum to either start a thread like this or to add to one? I’d probably prefer to start one of my own since I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m overlooking something incredibly obvious. Definitely wouldn’t be the first time.

Also… a combat recorder would be bloody great fun!