Combat Camera Glitch

Hey, all.

V 1.9. When I enter combat my camera locks in the direction of my opponent’s initial location and does not track with my opponent. If either I or my opponent change positions Henry’s body rotates to face the opponent, but the camera doesn’t. I tried loading my other profile, saving & exiting to the main menu, turning off the Xbox, etc. and nothing worked. I’m still having the issue. If you complete a master-strike the camera reorients, but there appears to be no real solution.

The issue does not occur while walking, running, or riding, only when I’m in combat.

Thoughts?

Same here. Thank god im not the only one. Please help!!

Just got this same bug on xbox, while training hand to hand with bernard. Seems to have affected previos saves too if ill mess around a bit see if i can do anything about it, hopefully there is a workaround or a patch in the works to fix it its gamebreaking

So did a bit more testing, seems loading the bugged save caused it to occur in previous saves, quiting out and loading to a previous point from the main menu fixed it for a bit, worked my way back to where i was but unfortunately it wasnt long before it started happening again. Unfortunately the camera looks fine in previous saves and my current one until i fight a few rounds with Bernard then it starts so i have no idea how far back the corruption goes.

Ive sent an email to support with a video clip of the bug happening, unfortunately being on xbox i dont think sending a save file will do much good but hopefully thats enough :frowning:

RESOLUTION: The issue with the combat camera glitch requires allowing the game to fully close within the Xbox before attempting to play the game. You’ll know you’ve accomplished this when you see the Warhorse Studios screen and the beginning animation.

Save & Quit does not accomplish this. Turning off the xbox does not accomplish this. You have to leave the game unopened for several days in order for the game to close out entirely. (That is what happened to me.)

After the game rebooted, I never had an issue again. From what I can tell it has nothing to do with a corruption of data, nor does it have anything to do with save files, it’s just a bug that requires the game closing out and rebooting.

RESOLUTION: The issue with the combat camera glitch requires allowing the game to fully close within the Xbox before attempting to play the game. You’ll know you’ve accomplished this when you see the Warhorse Studios screen and the beginning animation.

Save & Quit does not accomplish this. Turning off the xbox does not accomplish this. You have to leave the game unopened for several days in order for the game to close out entirely. (That is what happened to me.)

After the game rebooted, I never had an issue again. From what I can tell it has nothing to do with a corruption of data, nor does it have anything to do with save files, it’s just a bug that requires the game closing out and rebooting.

Thanks for the suggestion. I switch off my xbox quite regularly between gaming sessions and switch off power from the mains but the bug persisted, i am not going to be playing the game today so hopefully by tomorrow that will have given it enough time to close properly, if not i may try reinstalling to expedite the process. Glad to hear you managed to fix it.

So i waited about a day and a half and the bug still persisted, i saved after it took effect and did a power cycle on the xbox. After loading the save i made henry was targeting as normal but the camera was going a bit crazy like it did before it broke completely, but this time it didnt and the camera was fine after a couple of hiccups. Dont know if the power cycle did anything but either way the bug seems to have run its cours ‘knock on wood’. Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

I’m glad that it seems to have resolved itself. Question: When you came back to your game, did it go through the Whitehorse Studios screen and the opening animation? Or did it just open on the main menu?

I have switched off instant on mode and switch off power at the mains between sessions so i always get the warhorse intro.