Combat concerns

It depends on their system it can be difficult thing. But mine point is that they are not stupid to overlook such thing and if it wont be in the game they had proper reason for it. Dont worry they would have think about such thing as enemies screaming from pain. And to criticize it now right before release when we dont have any idea how it works and they dont have any time for changes is little bit pointless. I would suggest to leave such topics after release so we can give feedback for patches/KCD 2.

2 Likes

I know they MIGHT have thoose things in release. It just worries me when i see all new playthroughs with it still not in game. Have you seen the video, starts with a cut scene, Henry gets a horse and follows some lord to a farm raided by bandits. How old is that gameplay, since its captured on ps4 aswell, playstation acces said that wh captured it on ps4 for them. That must be pretty recent footage? And it releases within a month from now.

I think its around half year old. They did all their polishing in last months. Yes there is nothing else to do now then to trust them that its all fancy and fun lol.

Oh it’s that old?? Weird then that playstation acces did not post it untill about a week ago…??:open_mouth: Don’t get me wrong, I look forward to the game just as much as everybody else. I just don’t have blind faith in ANY developers. And i don’t think anyone should. No game is ever perfect. A lot of things is overlooked in all games. Just don’t hope WH overlooked theese things. It would totally break combat immersion on my part. And annoy me, since it is supposed to be realistic. :wink: Cheers!

The Playstation asccess video is a mish-mash of old and new videos. you can see this because in the latest builds npcs (besides cumans and npcs with sabesr and falchicons) have scabbards but the video there are scenes with npc who don’t have scabbards at all but have swords.

I will be the first to shout I was wrong in this forum if the finshed game has the features i find lacking. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I i look forward to feb 13. It seems to be a great rpg experience no matter what. But I think I will watch a few lets plays and review before I purchase. But no matter what, the game looks great but maybe just not for me if thoose things are lacking. I can’t develope a game so i am not bashing it. Just hoping I am wrong. :grin:

1 Like

What you are talking about is realistic DEATH not realistic combat. Someone pointed out that you will never have really realistic combat with a mouse and keyboard. I would point out that you will never have realistic death since you can’t smell the blood of the smell of contents of someones entrails that were just cut open. You are not going to feel all hot and sweaty and tired. you are not going to feel the fear or the panic. Etc. etc. If you want more gore, that’s your choice but to me it really has little impact. I am more interested in winning the combat and progressing towards the goal. Not in fancy death scene animations. Lastly, I suspect that the first few times it will be interesting but eventually, it just be a time wasting animation that I know by heart and it will begin to detract from the sense of immersion.

2 Likes

If you actually read the entire thread you would not be using thoose arguments. :wink: I do not want more ‘gore’ nor do i want fancy death animations as such. My main concern was the lack apparent lack of immersive sounds. I know i wont smell blood, and blah blah blah. I just have concerns about the things that did not look and sound realistic. Like no visual marks when you hit someone in the face with a sword and blood splatters when you hit a plate armoured enemy and No sounds that indicate the gruesome ecperience of actual combat. And if the devs shoots for realism, as they states over and over again, that is a oversight that takes away from immersion. All i said was, combat seems more like non lethal Hema reenactment than actual lethal combat. Both visually and audible. But again, i might be wrong, it might be great, since what i watced so far is beta.

2 Likes

If you saw a large battle, there are some warcries. But then, there are some empty not voiced passages. So they made something to enhance the immersion.

1 Like

Yes, i have actually seen some vids now, that points in the direction of me being wrong in my first assumptions. I just really hope i am wrong and the battles will sound like it is a battle. :grin:

2 Likes