Combat perks and combos

I’m a newby here. Are combat perks and combo attacks used automatically or are there commands?

Perks give you some stats or abilities while combos will have to be manually performed in certain order to work out.

Me to. Did you have any trouble completing the very first mission where he has to get ale, a piece of a sword, and charcoal for his dad? Every time I make the boy talk to his dad the boy keeps saying: "no I haven’t got everything. " So I can’t progress any more.

So there are commands? For combos Or do you have to genuflect during combat?

Combos require you to attack each direction in turn without interruption or being blocked, which they will be most of the time.

1 Like
Spoilers

You have to steal at least the axe from Kunesh, it’s the first house on the left when you leave the castle and you can find the axe on a tree stump, just pick it up, the sword piece you have to talk to the 2 guards at the castle gates, the cold ale you have to talk to Bianca and finally you have to buy 10 coal from the traders or from the coal seller. If you don’t have money to buy the coal just pick flowers until you have enough to trade for the coal.

1 Like

You can see all the combos in the weapons skill tab, for each weapon new combos unlock after you level up the weapon skill. When you unlock a combo it will be explained in the info tab how to do it(press the required button to show the info)

1 Like

Get the ale last so its still cold for dah.

2 Likes

@Aradiel…oh sh@t no…seriously? Will combat suffer if I don’t get any of the weapon perks then? Because there is no way I will ever be able to do like 4 or 5 specific directional blows in order. The controller is just too twitchy and I can’t get the directional specifics perfect, ever.

I’m lucky just to feint or get any variety into it. But 5 specific directions on that star in order? Not gonna happen.

Should I quit now?

Some of the longer combos are basically impossible, or at the very least, highly improbable. The easiest one to do is down left then stab and stab. I don’t think you’re missing much by not being able to do them all. It’s just being unnecessarily fancy. By the time Henry gets the best gear, and high enough skills, nothing lives long enough to pull off the longer combos anyway.

2 Likes

Get the ale last so its still cold for dah.

I can use up-right-low left pretty successfully against everyone from bosses to 3-4 cumen at a time. For some reason if I follow up a stab with this combo it hits very frequently.