Combat questions

Keyb+mouse or gamepad, which is the best? I still don’t understand how i can press e.g the angled left or right with a keyboard (A,S,D,W)… straight left/right is of course no problem with digital controls… maybe the gamepad’s analog controls makes more sense for this game? Must be a nightmare with the bow though (already very difficult with precise mouse movements) .

i have huge problems remembering complex combos (yes my memory is shit). Which weapon or combat style would you recommend? should i chose to be some type of assassin (if possible)… it’s a bit difficult so far to understanding what you eventually will be forced to face, what you can avoid etc, so far it’s very linear with no choices (approx. 20h into the game).

Thanks

I personally use a Xbox One S bluetooth gamepad on PC, but that’s just me, I’m more comfortable with it. It all comes down to personal preference. A warning though, lockpocking is MUCH easier with a keyboard, trying to lockpick with a controller is a total pain in the ass but doable once you’ve mastered it.

1 Like

Ok. I just wish the instructions of what to do was clearer. I’m at the trainer and trying to figure out combos, but the training is over so quickly… also his intro speech is unskippable which is very tedious if you want to train a couple of times.

the symbols on the screens shows one thing but the combo (shown on the right) shows something else. I know for immersion it wouldn’t be great if he talked about if it’s the mouse or if it’s keyboard that you are going to use, but it would be immensely helpful. I’ve tried googling too but no one seems to explain what you’re supposed to do, e.g drag the mouse or use the keyboard in a specific direction. He starts shouting “no, no, no” whatever i do but sometimes i guess i get it right because the training ends.

You will rarely use combos, so don’t worry about that. The easiest one to remember though is downleft, stab, stab, it’s called Scarmaker. Also, longswords are probably the best and easiest to use weapons for their extra reach.

Control method isn’t that important, but I find the mouse and keyboard are fine for melee, and superior for bows and lockpicking. Just move the mouse until you get to downleft, then attack, and immediately spam stab until you either pull off the combo, or, more likely, it gets blocked.

The training probably ends, not because you did something right, but because he got bored of trying to teach you and wanted to do something productive, like stand around all day, instead.

Here’s a Google pic I found. See the red mark on the star is upper left? That’s how you know where your slash attack will land. By moving the mouse, that red arrow will move. If you’re playing hardcore, you will have to guess based on where Henry is holding his weapon.

Great, thanks for the replies :slight_smile: