Combat system using mouse and keyboard flawed

The problem is mouse and keyboard is very bad for combat directional attacks and similarly for lockpicking. The main reason is the mouse sensitivity settings. For lockpicking, when change the mouse sensitivity to very low and have no problems picking locks, with the default sensitivity the mouse flies all over and lockpicking fails.
similarly for combat the mouse sensitivity makes changing direction attacks and pulling off combos so hard cuz the attack direct will change with mouse movements and hence u cant pull off the combo top side left bottom reliability due to the mouse movements unless u lower the sensitivity by alot. I play with very high mouse sensitivity and having to constantly reduce sensitivity for lockpicking and combat makes this a real chore. I hope we can set in game parameters to modify this sensitivity rather than having player to micro manage this.

what DPI are you playing with?
I play with 1800 DPI and dont have any problems
my mouse is Razer Deathadder Elite you have a button on it to change dpi (up to 16000)

I play with 12000 dpi logitech mouse, I play league of legends using this dpi too. I can set 5 different dpi settings with my mouse. for lockpicking the mouse literally flies all over the place with 12000 dpi with the slightest movement.

12000 is too high since you cant change the reactivity ingame yet (I think)
lower it to 1800 and you should be fine, you dont even need so much dpi

It’s not. You just need to practice more

All this done with a mouse and keyboard.

2 Likes

ok I lowered it down to 1600 DPI and trying it out on combat seems much better will need to test it out more with bernard.

2 Likes

At 12000 dpi, you have the hands of a surgeon.
Nice video and great moves.

I’m, playing around with control settings. I find block (Q) and special attack (F) to be difficult to get to while I am busy moving with WASD.

Moved block to spacebar as this is easy to strike with my thumb while my fingers are on wasd
Moved jump to a mouse button and right ctrl. Mouse button gives me easy access. Even without that, I do not jump in combat so access to jump is less critical.
Moved special attack to a mouse button (still have it on F too).

I wanted block controlled by a mouse button but it doesn’t work well. The mouse buttons seem to read press and release and not press and hold. Therefore the space bar. Special attack and jump are press and release actions so the mouse button works well.

Please let it be known that I am relatively old and lacking the control reflexes of a 15 year old :slight_smile:

12000 dpi wtf lol. Most I ever use is 3500 for any game. Combat is pretty easy in this game. I had trouble with combos at first but now it’s so simple to do.

Problem is the mouse movement will shift the direction of the attack especially when u are moving with wasd in combat. I turn down the mouse sensitivity from windows settings to 0, and only set 12000 DPI so the mouse movement is still pretty decent when u move the mouse problem is in the mini games and in combat due to the sensitivity of 12000 slight mouse movements will shift the direction of attack therefore u cant pull off the combos cuz.

I’m not bragging or anything but I can pull off combos all the time with minimal difficulty. I’ve been playing for quite awhile. At first I was hopeless couldnt get the directions right or time it right. But now it’s all muscle memory, I can attack in any direction I choose Everytime. It’s not the system you just have to get used to it.