Completely avoid the needle in a haystack quest

i hated this quest and refused to play it again on my second playthrough if possible. here’s a way to skip it and avoid any bugs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFRaeFf3a4E

Wow did you forget to turn the gamma down after night or something…

you have poor taste. this is one of the best quests in the game!

1 Like

I was banished from the monastery because I had halberd in inventory, but before that I talked to two people in there. They gave me idea who it might be. Same day at night, I came by back door, I risked and chose my first victim. It turned out to be the needle. I quickly ran away, as one guy woke up. Then I was invited to Vranik. This whole monastery thing skipped me unintentionally. Now all are laughing at me running away from there, call me monk. I spent less than 1 hour in there.

1 Like

@blackmombah:
I also mentioned sniping pious from the roof that another poster mentioned in a past post. The only part I see in complication for both methods is getting out unless you cheat or have 20 level lockpicking. Time in jail not good.

1 Like

I unlocked all doors and chests and took apprentice list from abbot before I went in, so it was easy for me to get in and out anytime.

1 Like

Good planning! I did too.

1 Like

I knocked the abbot out in my second playthrough before Mass started (he’s there at like 3Am, Mass at 4AM) took his keys, and ran back to Rattay. Returned with my equipment and SLAUGHTERED EVERY LAST MONK.

I cannot stress how much I fucking hated the monastery questline.

1 Like

I… walked in there and killed everyone

Why. Some of you are really missing the point of this game if you’re just going to murder the biggest community in the game, and an important one as well. I wish KCD was harder on idiots going round thinking there playing Far Cry.

2 Likes

@Kirksty:
Let them whine and complain and miss out on the point of the game. They are not the hard core RPG people this game was made for . From their comments they seem more of the hack and slash/bang,bang,short attention players.

They’ll get bored and move on to far cry 5

2 Likes

I get the point but didn’t like the quest due to the repetitive nature/ bugs with being out in the hall/ monks telling you you’re at the wrong place when you’re not. for me, i love the game due to all the different ways you can complete a quest; like this! I’m having a blast going through it again and doing things completely differently. cheers!

1 Like

Damn. That’s uh, dark.

Yeah I resorted to just standing around waiting for someone to arrest me to get out. I’m currently playing through as “dark henry” and do not care about jail time.

Alright lets calm down lol

I think I did… Whoops, thanks for pointing this out.

for the record i killed everyone after finishing the questline so I did find the needle the proper way

Very first playthroguh I did the same, we got out making it look like a murder scene, took him to jail. Second (Mercenary Archer) Henry was more of a, ‘‘Why bother to look for the needle when you can simply burn down the haystack?’’ kind of guy.

Honestly second playthroguh Henry was a hell of a lot better, but ironically would’ve fit the first playstyle better.

I liked the rituals and the earnestness (this is a medieval monastery after all) but found the resolution and especially its aftermath to be :confounded::grimacing::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

now ive played 95% of the mq have to say this is the best quest in the entire game

1 Like