Congrats to KDC environments (bird songs)!

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to play the game yet but I want to congratulate Warhorse for the environments in the game, especially bird songs and calls. Although we are missing some animals, WH did a great job in putting different and varied bird sounds in the game, for example egrets calling near rivers, or the mixture of bird songs inside forest area. Does someone know if there is going to be a mod with new animals?

Warhorse has shared screenshots of animal models they’re working on, so it seems that we’ll get more animals sometime in the future. Not sure when, but they are working on it.

Would you mind linking to the animal models??

Hopefully they make them more protective and aggressive towards a player and even other NPCs. It’s well known that boars for example can attack people. Would be interesting to see some wild life interactions with NPCs like Far Cry maybe. I could use some help from wild boar to clear a bandit camp for me. :wink:

1 Like

Well schiesse…I did a little digging to try and find the image I was thinking of, and it appears that they had planned to implement wolves and bears, but had to cut them due to some kind of complications. I hope they manage to iron that out, and get them in eventually. It’d go a long way towards making the woods more exciting.

Thanks! Good to know about that=) Let’s hope they add some more wildlife later on. Although animal encounters like in far cry must be harder to implement. It think they should take a look at Red Dead Redemption animal attacks (some of the best animal animations, in my opinion!)

In the 2014 tube on the making of KCD ( in English) I posted there is a short shot of a bear being hit with an arrow and also the brief shot of the model.
1st or second vid I think. The one on making the environment.
There was also in another of the vids one about horses and had a neat TPV of controlling the horse and what they wanted the horse to do.

I loved the then merchant shop and the alchemist lab. Some of the stuff back then looked better than now.

Yeah, bird songs in forests are really beautifull.