Console logs, need answer

For some reason my graphics are not as good as others have.
I can run on 30-35 fps on nearly max settings at 1080p wit this machine while others complain about gtx 1080ti that it can’t maintain 60 fps.

So does that means my graphics are downgraded ?

@DrFusselpulli Maybe you know ?

I don´t know, but I will talk to some people who might know :slight_smile:

Frankly,with that GPU you will not get better results. Its allteady 3gen old. CPU is so so. Not bad as such but lacking in multicore/multithreading performance significantly (comparing to budget AMD Ryzen 1600).

have you got the latest graphics drivers and updated your bios?

doesnt matter, I dont complain about fps I just ask if my graphics are downgraded.

Texture size is limited by your VRAM. For example HD texture pack is recomended for GPUs with 6GB VRAM+. Dont know how far it is coded into autodetection of the game. Thats for devs to say.

I have an answer now:
This does not affect Kingdom Come: Deliverance at all, it is an old Cryengine feature, which we hadn´t any use for. You can ignore the “Machine class 2” completely.
Your graphics are not downgraded.

5 Likes

Correct.
In fact: talking about your framerate- you are right- the game has set your default settings to whatever machine class 2 is (eg probably high/very high)

You could turn on Ultra settings (certainly a few Ultras.)

At 1920x1080 without crazy antialiasing you should be able to run the high def texture pack as well.
When your VRAM ‘runs out’ it does place extra loading over the whole rig, but generally would amount to a momentary hitch in smoothness. (It might be worth checking the feature out).

That 780ti is (was) a killer card.
Every time nvidia launches a new architecture card it does have an advantage of being able to not give game optimisations (via drivers) for older cards.

I had a 780 and dumped it due to green team (nvidia) practices.
With enough complaints they did magically find their gimpings and restore performance for the 780- but they dont want older cards to compete with new ones; and the new cards are the ones that get optimised for.
Nvidia needs to optimize their cards ‘per game title’ to squeeze regular performance from them (the shaders are complex and need to be routed to the correct shading units; if left to sort themselves out without driver optimisation Id hazard 10-20% performance could easily be lost.
Funny cause the card with equal performance to the 780 was the amd 290;which now pulls ahead 10-20%…

Anyhow witcher hairworks shenanigans was my last straw; sold the 780 and bought a second hand amd fury. Cost about $100 to upgrade and was the best change I could make.

A 780 has similar raw grunt to the xbox x.
Consoles generally punch above their weight; so it isnt a fair comparison… but- similar ballpark!

Your PC is kickbutt and yes- you can run top tier graphics (@ lower framerate); you held back.

My concern is the 8Gb of RAM- the amount is acceptable, but is it one stick of ram or two sticks.
KCD will want dual channel (two sticks).

RAM is expensive presently and second hand prices arent much better; so maybe consider another stick of RAM in the future (if you only have one).
RAM is one of the easier things to upgrade and doesnt require any software installation etc. (Usually 10 mins)

Anyhow just wanted to confirm you are not gimped - the 780ti is(was) a killer card and SHOULD perform very well.

16 ram
1080TI

Class 2 too
But running ultra everything on @1080. (Sucky monitor)

1 Like

Heya- what command to bring up this info…?

start the game. Then press “~” key at the main menu.
Hold “page up” till you see it

If you load a save, it may be hard/impossible to find.

1 Like

Yeah- spent the morning playing with those settings.
(My wireless keyboards pgup/pgdwn required a key combo I wasnt hitting).

Been having A LOT of fun with console parameters.
(Typing a letter and pressing tab key brings up all commands starting with the initial letter)

Thanks for rapid reply ;’)

Weaker graphics card/stronger CPU (albeit lower clocked);
Class 3 (seems bigger numbers prove more capable).
Doesnt alter my turning up all effects until game is stunning…