Consoles to hold back PC release

Am I the only one concerned that all the work on the console releases will not only delay and complicate the PC release, but also cause us to end up with an inferior product on the PC? Sacrifices made to gameplay depth and graphics to create a more uniform experience? I mean it’s certainly not a crazy notion as dozens if not more multi-plat games have been technically “dumbed down” to make up for console shortcomings. It’s not unfounded but is this not a concern?

1 Like

One compromise for the PS4 might be that we will get the beginning of game linear, closed village, as all informations suggest so. It does not make big difference as tutorial is appropriate at least for the premier game.
Another thing might be simplified or fixed movement and inventory selection. This may cause unfortunate disappointment about combat system not being free enough. So you mostly fix the target to attack. I saw that it does not do too much good when attacking innocent. You have only one attack animation and sometimes it looks ridiculous when you swing around them not being able to strike. But for bow, at least, it works well, as they realize they are being attacked.

1 Like

Hey this forum has a search feature is signified by the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner.

This topic has been discussed many times and has been addressed officially by WH in these older topics, as well as in several video updates over the years.

As someone who has been following the production of the game closely since Kickstarter, no your fears are not shared.

3 Likes

Yep, I see/saw the search feature that this and every other forum has. The most recent topic on the matter was over a year old, so I thought I might like to have some fresh opinions, perhaps from newcomers like myself, thanks.

I get pissed when every new topic raising an old subject comes someone and says that this subject has already been discussed before, that there is a search bar and bla bla bla …

And it still comes with that

“oh, because I’ve been here since the time of the kickstarter,”

as if for that reason his opinion was worth more than the others …

What’s up, there are people here who heard about the game now, who bought the game and want to support it but started now, who have old doubts but who have now appeared, and have the right to listen / read more recent opinions, mainly due to delay by Part of the production company to pass more consistent information regarding the launch and this type of details…

Maybe you shouldn’t frequent forums then if your not emotionally equipped to handle the internet.

This is your perception not mine.

Me stating how long I have been around was in no way a claim to my opinion meaning more then others If I wanted to do that I would have boasted about being a former community moderator, and how I have developed some person relationships with some of the staff.

Was this ever disputed?

2 Likes

I’m not terribly opposed to veterans pointing out that something has been discussed before. In case I didn’t know and could go and see what had been said on the matter previously. That being said there’s a polite way to go about that and a rude way to go about that. I didn’t find McWonderBeasts post to be at either end of that spectrum and therefore have no objections to him pointing it out. Nor did I think he was suggesting his opinion was more valued than anyone else’s he simply gave his opinion which is what I asked for in the original post. :slight_smile:

3 Likes