Constant Crash to Desktop, PC 1.9.2-404S

Could it be your BIOS? I think Jayz2cents had trouble with his 3900 and was waiting for a bios update.

BIOS is fully up-to-date. I’ve been keeping it up-to-date already, but I double checked when this issue started and I was already all set.

The only other game I seen this happen with is an old game called The Saboteur. It wouldn’t run at all with more than 4 cores. Someone made a patch that changed a hex value in the exe. It basically skipped a check and it worked. I had to disable cores in the bios before that. WH can certainly fix this.

I’m happy you found that. I knew there must be something possible in the cfg. I wrote it down, since I’m going to get the 3900x when they’re back in stock. Right now they’re being scalped for over $700 on eBay. When they get back to $500 or less, there’s money sitting here waiting for it. Thanks for letting us know though, sometimes people forget. This will help others until WH fixes it.

Cryengine 3.something in kcd uses 8 cores max. Could that be the issue with more than 16 threads…

1 Like

Just that you know one other game where this happens does not mean there is only that one game.

Never said it did. Take your attitude and stuff it.

I have exactly the same problem on a Ryzen 9 3900X machine. Do you have an MSI motherboard too?
I am forcing VSync on in the Nvidia control panel, are you?

I have AMD R9 3900X
MSI X570 ACE
32GB DDR4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix@3200MHz (4x8GB)
Corsair MP510 960GB NVME SSD
Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock Premium (driver 436.38 + Geforce Experience with overlay off)
Corsair RM1000i PSU
Noctua NH-D15S Cooler
Dell S2716DG 1440p 144HZ Gsync Monitor
Windows 10 64 bit Pro

As I said. Ryzen 3000 cause the issues with the game because of too many cores/ threads.
Disable SMT should help, but it could be that 16 cores of your R9 (without SMT) are still too much.
The next patch will hopefully fix this.

Sorry for the late reply.

I do not have any of the same exact hardware as you except for the the 3900x. I’m using an Asus board, a Samsung NVMe SSD, G.Skill RAM, and an EVGA 1080ti. So I don’t think it’s anything but the game not liking the CPU causing this.

As I wrote above, though, the issue does seem to be that the game engine is badly handling large numbers of available threads. You can limit the number it uses by setting the “sys_streaming_cpu” option in the user.cfg file to 8.

The user.cfg change does not require that you disable SMT, so your CPU will still have full performance in everything else that can use all 24 threads. So only Kingdom Come will be limited to 8 threads because it seems like that’s all it can handle.

Good luck.

Hi! First of all i want to thank you for this topic. I have exactly the same problem! BUT i`m using first generation ryzen 1600X (6\12). I don’t know if changing the configuration file will help me, but this is definitely something to start with! Spent a few days but did not find anything useful other than this topic!
I will let you know if thread restriction to 8 helps.

1 Like

I have one question left. I made a cfg file and even drove sys_streaming_CPU = 8 directly into the console, but the MSI Afrerburner shows that the game still uses all 12 threads (they are obviously not loading from background tasks). Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Maybe this tweak does not work, because it’s bugged.

I have tried both disabling SMT and using the user.cfg each on their own and by themselves and I still get hard reboots whenever I attempt to exit the game. If I save and quit, it forces my system to reboot and I lose my saves. If I just quit the game, it forces the system to reboot and loses the saves. I gave up trying to fix it and I have not heard back from 3 separate support tickets so I don’t think they will ever fix the issue with the newer Ryzen chips (if that is what is causing the issue). Just have to hope they care enough to update the issue and fix it but given their lack of response I doubt they will.

Ryzen 3700x
Radeon Vega 64
Corsair 32GB DDR4 RAM
Corsair SF750w 80+ Platinum PSU
Samsung 960 Evo 2TB m.2 nvme

You have to wait. They will fix this for sure. But nobody knows when they release next patch. Maybe this year, maybe 2020.

I tried everything I could and decided to test the memory. Almost before I wanted to turn off the test an error popped up.

Using the test method I managed to find out that the problem was covered in the XMP profile. Apparently the 3466 frequency was not stable enough and after lowering the frequency to 3400 all errors and crashes disappeared!

1 Like

Mine was due to an old psu. New psu fixed xmp problems. Tho with the old psu it didn’t even post with using any xmp profile so a different story there. Might even wan’t to lower the mhz and tighten the timings. Less power used and the same performance give or take. Some memory modules might even have a couple of xmp profiles to choose from or just tinker the values yourself without using a profile.

I completely checked the hardware, fixed memory problems, but now game freezes up tightly about once a day and only a hard reset helps. Previously I just had crashes to the desktop. Apparently the game still requires patching :frowning:

Same crashing issue occurred to me. Thank god I found this thread. I see no one mentioned that this issue occurs for Ryzen 2-gen too. ( I’m guessing that it’s the same issue, because sys_streaming_cpu workaround worked). I’m playing on the newest 1.9.4 Patch and without this workaround game crashes within 5 - 15 minutes.

1 Like

Played game for a while without issue but now in Talmberg and now getting what sounds like the same issues. Crashing to desktop after playing for a couple of hours. No idea why.
I have a 3700x so could it be the SMT issue? I’ve tried the sys_streaming tweak but that didn’t work.