Cooking pot smoke bug

Smoke rising from cooking pots flicker at night (only at night). Does anyone have the same problem or know how to fix it? I have tried a lot of different graphical settings to no avail☹️ It didn’t happen before 1.9. I have gtx 1070, i7 4790k.

Does update the grafic driver help?

I already have latest drivers for my GPU.

Yes this happen game have overall alot flickering issues and popping :confused: and these cant be fixed

That’s too bad. Not game breaking bugs, but immersion breaking for sure.

What grafical preset (grafic options) do you use?
Maybe any MODs?
Can you post a picture?

I use very high preset with hi-res textures and no AA but I have tried different settings too, from low to ultra high. Flickering is still there. I don’t use any mods.
I recorded a video, here is link to YT:
https://youtu.be/qx7i6YaCCBs

2 Likes

I have it too, it also does it with smoke coming from the houses at night, they take a very bright blue-ish color from the moon, and as soon as you get closer, it becomes darkened and normal.

@WH_janrucker
Is something known about Nvidia and flicking /blinking smog bug?
A grafic driver problem?

Hi,
It’s not NVIDIA driver related since I have the same issue and I’m like 5-6 drivers behind.
Could you please check with the Devs?
Cheers!

@Greek_Strategos
Do you have a Nvidia card or an AMD card?
I have an AMD card and not this problem…
Maybe you should update your driver (and give a feedback, please).

I have an 1070 gtx. But I had no smoke flickering issues before 1.9.
If it’s a new issue only for NVIDIA cards then installing the latest driver won’t help since the user above has the latest one already. 411.63 (my driver’s version) is a very stable one and I don’t want to install another atm. Thing is that flickering became a problem only with 1.9 update.
Cheers!

I tried nvidia driver rollback today (to drivers from february). Flickering still there. So it looks like driver version doesn’t matter.

1 Like

With patch 1.9.0 /1.9.1 Cooking cauldron’s,alchemy fireplace big,alchemy distilery,fires teepee outdoors,pirstejn fireplace have smoke flickering that may be annoying for some.

1 Like

I still have this issue on AMD RX 580 with latest drivers and latest KCD from Steam.

Hello. I have this issue too. Last game version and GTX 1070 with latest drivers, no mods. Low and ultra presets, disable vsync, motion blur, windowed mode do nothing, it happen only at night without torch light. Torch light solves this issue.

So, I’ve tried everything I can. I updated the operating system to window 10, updated Direct X, started the new game, but nothing helped. It seems that the smoke from the fire is flickering due to the flickering of the light from the fire, it seems to turn on and off. And when you bring the torch, the light is constant, so the smoke does not flicker.
Here is my save file. Please check it out.
And I made a Fix for me and someone else which prevent smoke fliсker from cooking couldron. :sunglasses:

So after 48 hours I found the cause of the flickering smoke problem. The solution is at the mod link above.

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

So after 48 hours I found the cause of the flickering smoke problem. The solution is at the mod link above. .