Cool ideas for the future

I think its a very nice game… excellent and I wonder if there will be new countries and stories. Just went through a trip in spain and it could be interesting with a game that includes the templars, different countries and stories.

I think the idea of focusing on Czech-related lands and events is a good fit for the game. Obviously it is important to the creators… if they were do to something about Spain, it would be quite different. That said, having more games focus on craeting realistic medieval stories is something other companies should aspire to.

I don’t know if a sequel is in the works or not but if it is, I have an idea that I’d like to share regarding the RPG elements of the game. I really like the reputation system in KCD, and how your appearance and upkeep determined your charisma. I have a suggested expansion on to these elements, but before I continue I will post my disclaimer here that I know literally less than nothing about programming videogames so I’m not sure how technically feasible this even is, nor how time-consuming/expensive it would be to implement. But I was watching Game of Thrones yesterday and browsing Henry’s statistics page in the menu screen this morning so thats what fueled this.

I know there is already a system in place for how well people treat you based on how much you help them and the town, but I think it would be really cool if your individual actions helped shape your character as well in the form of unique, and in some cases almost forced dialogue options, as well as unique treatment from NPC’s based on your individual rep. For example if you play a more diplomatic approach, people will view you with more esteem, be more willing to trade and you could have special dialogue options that otherwise would not be present to you, sort of how the speech skill is already implemented but more based around your previous interactions. Or, like the example that originally gave me this idea, if you rack up an impressive body count, people will respect you, but rack up an exorbitant body count and it will command people to fear you.

For example in Game of Thrones, I was watching the Battle of Blackwater episode, where the soldiers are all drinking and singing together in the tavern, but the moment the Hound walks in, every body quiets down and keeps to themselves out of fear. I like the idea that your actions would really determine the character you make, as overall it is your actions that make you in real life. It would be excellent for role playing especially if the NPC’s changed their blurbs when being around you. It is nice to intimidate people in the game in special dialogue moments, but it would be cooler if you had the intimidation rep just added to your overall character.