Couple of questions

Hey guys :smile:

I’m thinking of purchasing this game maybe tomorrow just wondered a few thing first.

I’ve got a 6700k and a 1070, what will the tech beta run like, settings and resolution wise?
Is the tech beta a good length, especially for someone who likes replaying stuff and messing around with game mechanics?
Does the game add to my steam account?

Thanks for any and all replies.

1. It varies, but not especially high frame rate, largely unaffected by IQ settings. I have i5 2400, GTX970 and 16GB ram and see around 30fps, dropping to 20 fps in busier scenes. Much better machines don’t give hugely higher values.

2. You can complete the main quest inside an hour once you know the short routes and are skipping much of the side content. Alternatively you can spend dozens of hours following the side quests, searching the woods for interesting locations, practising combat and just exploring the systems which are included and the map inside and outside the ‘playable’ boundary.

3. No. The beta is provided by a direct download. Steam codes will be given out to Beta users when the game is at release. The alpha backers and a handful of other users have steam beta codes, but this is not the general case.