Crash after playing it for 2 hours and now it's unplayable

Was so excited and baught the game. And then this happened. So on to what happened. After going into the forest to hunt down some rabbits, I don’t know where to find them so I went to the woods. After reaching a certain camp that looks like Sigismunds soldier. My character died and then that’s when it started. When I press continue it crashes. I choose to load a more earlier saved game from that camp. and went there and saved different saves and they still crash when i continue or load the game. And now I cant even start a new game without it crashing. Please help. Anyone experiencing this as well?

This was the first attempt at creating a save/load feature in the game and it has occasional problems.

Try moving/renaming or deleting the save game files (or the whole ‘profiles’ folder and restart, it should work again.

The whole AI system and the save/load system have been completely overhauled and stability should be much better on release, for now we have the beta with all the long since resolved bugs to work around.
It doesn’t take long to run through the main quest, very few of the steps are even required for success so getting back to roughly where you were isn’t a major burden.

3 Likes

Yep I got this, and my save is right before I’m about to go into the battle so I’m for sure not restarting.

@Lieste thanks, i removed the saves. works just fine now.

1 Like

Why? It takes almost no time to get to the point where you are ready to start the battle.

Grab a spare torch, helm and bow from the innkeeper, pick up poison from the herbalist near the lumberjack and optionally kill a Ccuman for his disguise.

Infiltrate the camp at night, poison some food and burn arrows with the spare torch, exfiltrate then report the location of the camp and the sabotage to Sir Robart at the encampment.

Done efficiently this could be done in less than half an hour, at the expense of any character development, story development and exposition, and options to acquire the best available armour. (You can add the three bandits watching Talmberk/hunting Reeky for a decent amount of moderate armour in Bohemian style without significantly adding time).

Talking to the leads to find the camp is only necessary to follow the thread of the story, not to complete/bypass the searching. I tend to talk to everyone I can, in order to raise the speech skill as high as possible (needed for some speech checks in side quests), but this goes far beyond what is needed even to follow the path through the clues as prompted.

Good to hear. Enjoy exploring Talmberk and environs.