Crash to desktop mysterious ways

I had a crash the other day I’d like to report. I made a save in the tavern in Uzhitz before starting the quest, so half of the town is still in front of Limpy’s. Game crashed on me twice. Once when I left the town then decided I had time to waste before nightfall to play some dice;it went to an infinite loading screen when I selected the dice table to “play dice,” and again when I reloaded the save, left town, took out the bandits at the camp east of Uzhitz, and upon returning to Uzhitz it crashed to desktop. After that I reloaded an earlier save an all seems well.

This is my first post, let alone bug report, so if there is any other information I should provide let me know. I have the event log handy.

the game version is 1.8.1 on pc and I believe I created a new playthrough when 1.8.1 came out.

There is a consensus in the forum that by the new patch, there is a crashing problem after a certain time in game. You can check the topic below. If you think that your problem resembles to those people’s under that threat, unfortuately there is no solution. Everybody waits for a new patch.

1 Like

I’ll read up on that thread, but from the quote you posted I’m not sure this is the same crash. I probably have over 100 hours on this save, and after reloading a previous save it’s fine. Just finished roughly an hour or two with no problem. crash seemed to be linked to the save I had in Uzhitz. I have completed ‘at your service, my lady’ and the main story up until mysterious ways. Other than that no side quests, only a few activities.