Crashes, freezes, looping sounds and textures not loading

I’ve recently got the free version on Epic Store and I’ve encountered numerous problems. The freezes occur frequently after maybe 30 minutes to an hour from launching the game and last a couple seconds. Usually, the sound starts to loop or textures don’t load before such a freeze and sometimes it ends with a total crash without any error code. Sometimes the game just crashes out of the blue (happened twice so far) and it shows me an error message about memory allocation. Other than that, the game runs rather smoothly with 50-60 FPS on high settings with some options lowered.

Here’s my specs:
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit (ver. 1903)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: GTX 1060 3 GB
16 GB RAM
The game is installed on an SSD

The weird thing is I’ve played the game like a year ago through a shared steam library with weaker specs (AMD FX-8320, 10 GB RAM and the game installed on a HDD, same GPU) and had no problems at all. I absolutely fell in love with it, so recently I wanted to play it again on hardcore and so it happened that it was free on EGS at the same time.
You probably can see how unexpected crashes can ruin the experience of playing the game mode with no auto save. I’ve played for 29 hours in this playthrough. The issues were there from the beginning, I think, but the crashes seem to get worse. Only today it crashed 2 times, once with the memory allocation error and the other was a freeze that resulted in the game shutting down with no error message.

Here’s what I’ve already tried and failed:
BES (CPU Limiter)
Setting LOD distance to highest.
Typing the command r_TexturesStreamingMipBias -3 into the console. - This actually seems to have fixed the textures loading problem, but the freezes, crashes and the sound looping issues still occur same as before.
Changing some system settings - I’ve read somewhere that changing the PhysX options to use only the main GPU could help, but it didn’t.
Extending the virtual memory on the drive that the game’s installed on.
Running the game in borderless instead of fullscreen.

Could it be that the EGS launcher is so shitty that it breaks the game? Sometimes when I open the console there’s a bunch of error messages connected to EGS or achievements that EGS doesn’t have at all. If this could be connected with some of the problems I’ve described I’ll check the error messages in detail and get back to you. It’s just I’m writing all this right after the game crashed and I don’t really have the willingness to launch it again today.

I hope someone has a solution. I’d really like to continue playing and I even could bear with the freezes, but losing like 30 minutes or an hour of gameplay with every crash is really annoying no matter how much I like this game.

Hi, try disabling SMT in Bios. or reduce cpu Clock if you overclock your System.

@Urquhart Hi, thank you very much, disabling SMT has indeed helped, but not fully. I’ve played for around 4 hours today and had no crashes. However, the game still froze 3 or 4 times. The freezes lasted only a couple seconds each, so it wasn’t that big of a deal. There were still some problems with the sound and textures too. The sound stopped altogether like two times for a couple of seconds and then everything that should have been played in this time was played all at once. And there was the same texture loading issue as before, occuring prior to the freezes. Sure, it’s a bit annoying, but at least I’m not losing progress anymore, so I’m really grateful as it is. However, if you or anyone else would have any more ideas on how to fix the freezes and other issues, I’d be much obliged.