Crusades of Jerusalem mod!

A crusades sandbox RPG, that’s my pet for years. I bring it up whenever I talk with sb about the perfect game.
It should be dirty and gritty with all the filth and criminals that must have been around to atone for their sins by committing even more. The story might be about upholding your knightly virtues among zealots and political intrigues, but I rather think of a real sandbox experience where you can join any faction or create your own. A M&B-ish approach would also be more modable, since you don’t have to write a good story or care about cutscenes and all that stuff.

If anyone seriously thinks about modding something like that - let me know. I don’t have much experience in modding but I know my way around code and scripting.

A real historical accurate crusaders mod would be fantastic, and by accurate i mean do not make them seen like the good guys all the times, some crusades wars were all but good and with best intentions.

1 Like

I think this would be an awesome idea. Maybe a standalone expansion or another KC game entirely set in 1444 with a new character. It could be during the failed Crusade of Varna, where you could play as a Polish knight fighting against the Ottomans.

I think a general 13th century mod regardless of place would be awesome.

Interesting idea.
Will be great to see what Modders come up with.

at any sort of quality, this is a mod that will take 2-3 years to develop a beta.

i don’t see this as plausible. i’d settle for a hundred years war mod.

Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favorite movies I have ever seen! So I support this idea!

Why not playing Sigismund’s own (failed) crusade?..least effort for a mod tbh… :smiley:

But of course it wouldn’t be Jerusalem. Sigismund never made it that far as we all know… :stuck_out_tongue:

my thinking is that they would have to make more armors for the ottomans. with hundred years war, you can basically reuse everything and just retexture them. though maybe ottomans can be made using modified tatars.

i personally wouldn’t do a crusader mod. i would save that for one of the other games that the devs wana do. any idea when the modding kit will be released?

when I first saw footage of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I imagined it took place during the Crusades. I know there are a few Crusades games, but nothing truly spectacular. I’m sure Warhorse would do a great job with a Crusades game, but after Deliverance, I have a feeling they won’t want to revisit the Middle Ages again for a while

You actually are not that far off. The crusades didn’t lead Christian troops only to defend and free the Holy Land, but protect Christian from danger and heresy in other places, including Bohemia shortly after the events of the game.

I should add that I don’t condone glorifying the Crusades in any way, shape, or form, but I do believe it would make for a great video game setting for entertainment purposes. If video cameras existed in 1099, when the Crusaders stormed the walls of Jerusalem, people would be horrified by the images

Why do you think they´d just leave the middleages after putting so much work into it in KC:D? This contains the scenario that act 1-3 will be huge successess, it would be different if the sales will be bad.

I’m hoping they don’t abandon the Middle Ages, I’m just saying, they might move on to different things. It’d be great if they do a downloadable content set during the Crusades, or some other historical period.

K I nunderstood wrong. Eventhough I´d like a realistic historic game in ancient rome greece or egypt.