Crusades of Jerusalem mod!

I would totally dig a fan-made story set in Jerusalem. Maybe loosely base the inspiration off of the movie “Kingdom of Heaven”, where you could play as a knight serving in defense of the walls while flaming oil pots from the trebuchets light up the night sky.

What do you guys think?

11 Likes

Well, it would have to go back in time a little over two hundred years before the game is set and by loosely basing it off of ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ I hope you mean ripping out all the historical inaccuracies that film has.

2 Likes

I dream of something like this for years and almost gave up on this thought. Of course there are crusade games but… well, come on…

When I read about KC: D I felt for the first time for a long while that there is still hope for this.
I guess it would be doable as a mod but it would need a very dedicated team of modders as it would be necessary to redo everything.

I think it would be more realistic to hope that Warhorse or another by KC inspired studio will get the motivation to do something like this.

i think it will never happen.

1 Like

Now I’m not exactly sure how this would work but I’m not so sure it is going to be easy making the game modable with the engine they are using. (Cryengine)

i would love to play a templiers and defend pilgrims and crusaders fortress, but sadly it will never happen

Additional ideas:

€dit:

6 Likes

At the present time KCD could as only one of many first steps be. It fit too many elements of a RPG is not so as to build a game like this, not even as a Mod

Of course, it would be even more complex than Kingdom Come, I think.
Just dreaming …

1 Like

I dream for 15 years of a game like this;)

3 Likes

Is KC: D going to be a mod-able game?
Has this been stated anywhere?

This game is announced as modable

Where? Link please !

Vavra says in livestream video

YAY another reason to go back and watch it again. I cant remember hearing it mentioned but I’ll have a look again. Good way to waste an hour! :smiley:

Didn’t you say, you don’t want to come back?
You couldn’t resist, couldn’t you?
I guess, the addiction is too strong. :smiley:

They are going to share their tools with the modding community. At least they said it.

Yup trying my best to stay away from the misguided religious nut posts!

Find the idea of “reliving” the crusades distasteful, but I suppose the same argument can be made about most wars.

1 Like

It would be totally awesome :smiley:

i would like to see a big war between the Knights (those who wanted to “free” the holy land) and the natives ^^

aaaaanndd new alchemie and medicine from the orient would be sooooooo awesome ^^