CryEngine Error on Start CGamecontext Profile Error

Problems on Start

[PlayerProfiles] CGameContext::StartGame: User ‘Test’ has no active profile!

I have tried Reset clientregistry.blob2 + Reset Steam configuration
De/Re-Install the Game.

Any Ideas?

1 Like

We are looking at it! Thanks.

Same problem here, tried re-install game, verify integrity of game cache, reset steam settings etc… Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

1 Like

@woody do we have some solution here?

Don’t have a clue, sorry :frowning:

Having the same problem here

1 Like

I too suffer from this problem, haven’t found a solution yet, did all the usual reinstalled the game,checked the validation of the game-cache etc… With the validating it says 1 item was missing and was reinstalled the size of that file was 64 bytes. I don’t know if that helps in a way but just giving as much info as possible. And even after that file was installed the same error appeared, and if i press validate game-cache it again installs a file of 64 bytes. The game worked fine when i just got it, and then this error started to happen, no update of the game happend, it just started to happen. Hope you guys can find a solution, the game is really fun! (sorry for the todler-level of grammar skills)

Hi @hexaturus
Well. very hard to get an idea. Can you give us some more Information?
Which File is the System reinstalling…

2 Likes

A name or something to identify the file is not given, it just says 1 item wasn’t validated and is being retrieved. It then proceeds to download a file the size of 64 bytes. If there is a way to make steam give you more information about what is being recoverd than i will try to use it, but i really do not know. Is there mabey something else like a log or something that i could attache for more information? I will try to help as much as i can.

1 Like

Yes, a DxDiag could be helpful :slight_smile:

Can you shed a light on the complete howto for me? Thank you

Here we go…

Press [WIN + R]
Now type DXDIAG

finally save the complete Log and upload…

2 Likes

Found the solution that solved this problem on my computer.

As I mentioned earlier, I’ve tried to re-install the game but it didn’t help. Well now I tried it again, only with one minor change.

My Steam game folder is located in different drive (E:) than OS (C:). This time I deleted the game from the Steam library and then re-installed it, not to it’s normal location in E: but instead to C: drive. And now the game is working.

My C: and E: drives has two differences:

• C: is SSD, E: is HDD
  • C: is where OS is installed (Windows 10)

Don’t know if either of those things have anything to do with this, just pointing out differences.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Having the same problem now tried everything (verify, reinstall and solution above) but none work just started to come up after playing for 20 hours now i cant even launch the game anymore

1 Like

Go to your game profile ,change your profile name from ‘default’ to ‘cry engine’ and save. Enjoy!!!:skull:

just delete this Folder:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\kingdomcome\profiles

The error message should be: “[PlayerProfiles] CGameContext::StartGame User ‘Name’ has no active profile!”

Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\kingdomcome and take a backup of the “profiles” folder. After, you simply remove it and try launching the game again. Your saves should remain unaffected, but take backups of the “saves” folder just to be sure.

Also make sure not to tab out during the startup. This can (and most likely will) crash the game!

hi! can you show how to change the profile name? tnx

fixed it thanks

1 Like

I had a similar error but it was this one - ‘[PlayerProfiles] CGameContext::StartGame: No users logged in’

and thankfully the WH support was uber quick and told me to exclude my game from my Anti Virus or to turn it off completely and it got fixed! Just letting you guys know, worth a shot.

1 Like