Cuman / Bandit Camps ( 4v1 / 5v1 combat )

I very much doubt my reflexes and keyboard controls will ever be good enough to win a 1v5, I could sometimes in M&B but it’s unlikely with the present combat system, my guess is that if you killed so many AI you would make too much money from loot so they’ve made it super hard for game balance. The problem is that very often you don’t have a choice to fight or flee, as others have mentioned it’s impossible to run away, this means there’s a gameplay problem that needs fixing imho.

A good theory. I really enjoy fighting multiple enemies in fighting games… Call me a masochist, i guess. But its just very difficult in Kingdom Come. Not that I think it’s impossible, perhaps enemies need a slightly less chance to block. — when your fighting more than 2 or something, as you would become unpredictable

Hey @sirius I am training hard with most skills and melee and fistfights are very easy now. But is there actually a good way to train Archery? So far the only way I can train that is hunting deer. If I shoot at targets in the archery range it does not seem to improve the skill.

This.

Also, as something my Si-Gung(sp? Can’t believe I can’t remember) taught me when it came to that rare case when you have to fight more than one opponent(literally never happens) but it’s taught in the military as well.

Positioning is key. Make sure you have the ground and environment to cover and fall back. Funnel your enemies into tighter positions so you’re ONLY taking on one at a time.

Know the weapons. Remember they rely on the same skill set YOU do so heavy weapons like maces and pole arms SHOULD be changing your positioning drastically.

Change up tactics and flee where needed. You don’t need to be right in the thick of the bandit camp and if you are that’s just… well it’s bloody bad for you and asking for a game over/death. Fight like it matters.

Let me put it this way: With the right amount of patience, tenacity and tactics even a level one noob Henry can take out a camp full of bandits to start with but even a max level Henry would be unwise to jump right into the middle of the camp and start fighting.

Even in Witcher 3 and ESPECIALLY on Death March you were just insane to go rushing in towards a horde of monsters, you were circling, funelling, pulling back and relying on range to pick them off so you can face the guy in front of you. I don’t recall Geralt ever being so quick and crafty that he could outrun his own death when he was sufficiently overpowered

4 Likes

I mean if you read the topic, you’d know I was out by the river, trying to move about and isolate them. It didn’t work so well, but that -is- what I was trying to do. I probably will clear it as noob Henry, I just wanted to give some feedback on multi-fights. Im not asking for any changes. @ccdude14

and by the way… I ran headlong into danger with a fistful of hate and a strong ass Quen shield. I do not mess around in Witcher

1 Like

I know. I’m not trying to piss on you. I’m just saying it certainly takes getting used to. and sometimes no matter how well you THINK it’s going to go based on plans it won’t.

I do like the idea of traps though(thinking of Geralt).

I am assuming of course you set up a crap ton of buffs and traps before hand?

It’s the Witcher way after all.

Of course, lol.

1 Like

Nothing quite so satisfying as picking off a tough boss with a low level Geralt with some well placed Traps and an hour of patience to kill.

If anything rewired my brain from the “rushing right in” it was Witcher 1 and 2 because DAMN was it unforgiving to the Leroy Jenkins of the world.

Hi all,
I think the main problem here is the escaping aspect. I’m totally fine with the difficult combat (against more than 2 foes especially), BUT: You can’t escape when you realize you dont’t have a ground. It happens yesterday for me. A lager group of persons on the road. I walked nearer to check if they where enemies or not and they attacked me. As they where 6 or even 7 enemies, I very quickly checked: “I need to go. ASAP!” But I couldn’t. I tried with horse but my horse didn’t want to leave and dropped me off it’s back. I tried it 3 times or so (and was hit all the time). I than tried to flee on my feet. But the enemies wouldn’t give up. I don’t know how long they would follow me cause after a couple of minutes I was dead.

What I wanted to say: It would be nice if enemies would lost their “agro” after some time and stop chasing. I don’t want the game to be easier. But want to be able to flee out of a (random not mission) fight.
Just my thoughts.

3 Likes

I have trained in Krav Maga from a IDF special forces trainer in the past. I know that is not the same as medieval sword fighting but I can tell you this: It is EXTREMELY difficult to defend yourself when being attacked by more than 1 person at a time. Its not like the movies. It is possible but not with people who know what they are doing. If you are similarly equipped in melee combat I actually think KCD gets it right in terms of difficulty.

Running away is also not easy if your attackers are determined to catch you and possibly faster than you. IRL they don’t just forget about you after a couple of mins.

2 Likes

Hunting and only hunting. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi,
so fleeing shouldn’t be an alternative worth trying?
In this case it would be only try and error. Go this way? Ahh bandits. I can’t fight, I can’t flee, reload and try another route? That doesn’t sound that interesting :wink:

Belive me they do.

Ah, they do? That’s good to know. And when? I mean how long do they chase you?

It depends on their view. If they are just on your heels, why should they stop?
If you are faster (like on horseback) or you are skilled enough to hide they will stop.

Go to Ledetschko and have a chat with the archer.

1 Like

The should stop cause it’s boring to chase a smith who’s running since days :wink:
You know what I mean I think - But thanks for the info anyway…

1 Like

When fighting more than one person, its important to continuously back away so you dont get surrounded. Get the riposte as soon as you can as it can really help change the pace and allows you to be more aggressive in battle. Invest early in a high quality sword. With herod’s sword I can one hit most unarmoured bandits. Clearing these camps can be very lucrative is you farm them for their armor (especially the missions you get from the custodian that net you 900 for every leader and 650 for every bandit ear)

1 Like