Cuman / Bandit Camps ( 4v1 / 5v1 combat )

The main quest leads you to a lot of encounters with bandits and Cumans. With side quests, I pick and choose whichever one seems like it’ll lead to combat. Plus there are the side quests that have you clearing bandit and Cuman camps.

Yes…slice and dice the cuman in front of you…while the one behind you bashes your skull in from behind. Just use the bow to even the odds…then go in for the kill!!!

Why is there one behind you?

generally I have found when you face off against multiple opponents, they don’t all approach you from the front. I find they go to your flanks and even to your rear so you are surrounded. Changing targets and moving /dodging during combat is very sluggish and hard

1 Like

I agree that switching should be easier. I wonder if holding a button to lock on would not be best, and just pressing it would switch the target but to lock on it you need to hold it.

1 Like

That’s why you have to keep repositioning. And holding down the middle mouse button does wonders when it comes to fighting multiple enemies.

Switching between targets on the console is horrendous :tired_face:

1 Like

mouse yes, controller not very much so.

sorry, I am on console…no mmb for me lol but even repositioning doesnt help. If you are facing 5 guys at once, you can only target one, leaving the other 4 to re-position around you, and its hard to keep track. Running doesnt necessarily help because for some reason a plate armored enemy can run as fast as you to catch up.

I have found starting off a fight with a bow and a few better piercing arrows does wonders, especially if you are facing other archers, or enemies with polearms.

Oh. Yeah see with middle mouse button you can freely look without the targeting system getting in your way. So while I’m moving around, I can also look around and keep them in check. And with it, I can easily target whoever I want, like the enemy closest to me or the enemy who starts attacking me. I’m sure there’s a similar button on console.

1 Like

Are those side quests repayable? And do the bandits respawned at the camps? Because in my open world experience I can’t get into a fight unless it’s vs some toen guards and if they don’t respawn well then there won’t be any bandits anymore… Plus i only got attacked once in my fast travels, is it normal?? I’m lvl12

This. A thousand times this.

From what I have heard around the forum, yes the small camps all around map do respawn after sometime. Only Pribyslavitz does not after you complete the quest battle there.

This is correct to my understand.

So, what do you do to fight dozens of guys simultaneously?

For the most part just charge in. They AI are fairly slow o react

Would you mind showing us your character sheet? I’m really curious what “broken” looks like so I can avoid hitting it =)

Thanks for the reply but I still wonder why I never find any bandits or cumans in my fast travels or just by walking around, only weyferers… Might just be a bug but it gets boring af riding for an hour and not finding anything to kill

If you want difficulty I’d say stay away from 80% if the perks. Many perks make Henry much stronger in combat - avoid these.

Dude I promise I’ll try to read all of that later…pinky swear. But for now I’ll give you my uninformed opinion given I didn’t get past the second paragraph. I think I’ve got the gist of what you’re getting at but I’m probably wrong, here goes anyway! lol

Let’s start with I’ve got 53 hours in game and I play with a gamepad on PC. I’m pretty practiced at combat at this point. My first 10 to 20 hours were grueling. Learning to fight required actually learning to fight and I’m STILL learning to fight. It’s crazy. I’ll be honest, don’t expect to take on more than two or three enemies for a while yet (unless you’re way better than me, which…probably?). I get what you’re saying about the sticky switching, which I actually don’t find as a huge hindrance, I’ve learned to work with it. The trick to multiple enemies is planning and if you can’t plan because you got jumped or something do the same thing you would do had you planned…fight fucking dirty. You’re fighting to win, not to fight fair. If you’re approaching a camp, start with your bow, kill the guy standing up, rush the guy sitting down. Or wait till night fall, poison their food (yeah you can do that), sneak up and kill them as they sleep by smothering them. If you’re ambushed, get to your horse, ride around in circles firing arrows until you finally hit something. If you can’t get to your horse then use constant movement. If they have archers try to use the men charging you as a barrier. I had a group attacking me and their archer accidentally shot his buddy in the back instead of hitting me. use natural choke points to funnel the enemy. If you can keep them grouped together in a column or no more than two or three abreast you should be able to survive if you can land hits quick enough while alternating targets.

Oh and remember, not all enemies are the same, even among the cumans, you might find 5 of them you can take out no problem but later find 1 or 2 that wreck you like the binge you went on during Thanks Giving. There’s no shame in running away like a little girl.

Practice with Captain Robard! He’ll teach you new moves. Practice, practice, practice, until you get this stuff fluid.