Cuman / Bandit Camps ( 4v1 / 5v1 combat )

Dutch, sure the 5v1’s happen, but why on earth would you willingly pick “frontal assault” as your go-to-move when clearing a camp?
Sneak up to them, kill 1/2/3 guys stealthily, fight the rest or heck, poison their food, rain arrows on them etc.

Anyone know how quickly the poison takes effect if you put it in their food? or if you pass time will they then just be laying there dead?

Just stop. I dont care. This is more typing then I want to do already. Go troll somebody else

@Sakkehattu Because after you get past 5 strength or so you can totally run in and fight everyone. Thats what im doing now. The game has been out more than a week. Im not the same Henry as I was when I wrote this topic.

FFS…

1 Like

lol image vs image

lmao @spada

that is perfect. what I said is so memey now that i look at it lmao. “Im not even the same Henry now!”

– Im probably going to use that picture for my thumbnail for my video lol

Here’s the link to my video

— WARNING — SPOILERS —

I didn’t really read everything in this post, but I’ve said this in a few other threads, and I’ll say it here just because I want there to be even more awareness.

At mid to max level, the game is completely trivial. I’m not afraid to charge into 5-10 man bandit/cuman camps with just chainmail, I’ve also done 5v1 with nothing but padded/gambeson. I use a longsword, no bows, no glitchy movement.

The combat after mid-game is brokenly easy, and I think that animations for the AI to stand-up or wake-up should be drastically sped up so that I don’t have a chance to slaughter 4 of them while they’re eating and 2 of them die before the rest can even stand up through the slow animation.

@Tallamy I agree with you most definitely on the fact that you can run into a camp and kill 3 maybe 4 enemies while they’re eating or sitting around a campfire or sleeping. The AI is very slow to react to that kind of thing. And I also agree, after you get past a certain point combat does start to feel a bit telegraphed.

thanks again to anybody who watched my video. Past 100 views now :smiley:

I mean, this game is a realistic RPG right? But this entire situation is entirely unrealistic. I can deal with difficult bandits for the sake of difficulty, when in reality most bandits wouldn’t have the training to be able to go toe to toe with a trained men-at-arms. While Henry (at the point I’m at) is not quite up to that level, he would absolutely be above the common bandit. I

would totally understand the Cumans being difficult as they are an invading Army and not a bunch of drunks, scoundrels and layabouts who just picked up a sword, but the fact that it really seems like the bandits are a bigger threat than the Cumans is completely rediculous. I haven’t had much problems dealing with the Cumans, yet I have to struggle against the impenetrable defensive wall of some random bandit?

The next problem is this game is realistic, but then it asks you to completely completely absurd tasks. “Clear our a bandit camp by yourself”. I’m sorry what? Have you -ever- heard of a bailiff just roaming into a bandit camp by himself and killed 5-8 bandits at once? I haven’t. Why? Because they go in with guards and clear them out. Why do they do that? Because that’s the realistic way to handle a situation. You’re asking Henry to preform like a Spartan or Roman Praetorian only a couple weeks after officially training for the first time? I’m not even going to talk about how incredibly rediculous it is asking someone to go into the camp of an INVADING ARMY and wiping them out by himself is.

This isn’t even mentioning the game mechanics. I see a lot of you recommending poison and bows to clear out camps easier. That’s all well and good but you shouldn’t be forced into a specific play style to get around bad mechanics. Poison is cowardly, and I can’t really see Henry using it at all in my playthrough, but now I have to break immersion in this mostly realistic RPG just so I can progress in the story? I know I know, I’m not actually being -forced- to do anything and so on and so forth, but you should be able to get what I’m talking about.

This game is fan-friggin-tastic in so many ways, and I’m absolutely going to keep training to start dominating this game. I haven’t fought Runt yet, but I’m close and I know I’m not going to be fighting just him. I want to stomp his bald head into the dirt. That being said I feel like people are just trying to excuse some of the game’s bad mechanics or are afraid so say something isn’t good because it’ll look like they don’t like the game or they just aren’t good at it. That’s not true. I love this game but that doesn’t mean I’m blind to its flaws. I’m not a master swordsman but that doesn’t mean I can’t notice some of the flaws in combat. A game can be amazing but still have issues. I would rather see -something- implemented or done to make the Xv1 combat more tolerable and realistic, rather than some immersion breaking work around or glitch.

1 Like

@MoppFour Yeah you sound exactly like I did when I first started playing. I’m well, well past fighting Runt now. Although I do agree with you on some things, but hear me… You don’t know the pain of the bandit leader with shield, ok! Lol… Really though, some ‘boss’ enemies are really tough at low levels. After you have like 10 strength and good gear, you’re basically a demi-god. And also there bud, after you clear out the ‘bandit’ camps you are asked to clear out ‘Cuman’ camps. You’ll get there.

Alas, I do think there should be an option for you to conscript some guards from a nearby town to help you clear out a camp. It -is- a tad unrealistic for a bailiff or anyone really to run into a camp willy nilly and kill everything. But, guess what? This good sir, is a video game. Running around willy nilly killing things is what we do! When you have more strength it’ll all make sense.

But all criticisms/critiques are welcomed.

Keep playing. Eventually you’ll wish there were more.

Yeah I definitely started to appreciate it a little more today. Got a pretty good distance, and while still no Blademaster I am pretty confident with the short sword and shield. Unfortunately when I went to get food my hotel room lost power or something for a few minutes, and I lost several hours of gameplay. I had slept several times, but I guess it bugged out because the save point was from very early this morning.

You’re right, this game is very good, you won’t ever catch me saying otherwise, there are just a few things I would like to see fixed/implemented. I feel like it would be a disservice to the developer to not bring up areas where they can improve.

1 Like

Of course, all is fair in the name of constructive criticism! This game is like a fine wine, no need to rush through it. A really tasty one at that.

Why? Just hit and roll ad eternum and you are fine. In this game I use a lot of movement to keep multiple enemies off of me. I strike one once or twice and then run back so they cannot gang up on me. It is all about forcing mistakes on their part. I play with mods too since playing vanilla I would just kill them in one blow anyways and they can’t hurt me.