Custom weapon/armour creation

Hey there, i have seen the video with the “crafting” stuff, so you can make your own sword?
Thats cool, but i wonder about the chance to ask a smith, most likely a very known weapon smith, to make a quality and unique sword for you, with a scabbard cause it makes the fancy and expensive sword complete :slight_smile: .
But it only goes so far when you get a random piece you pay like, 8 oxen for and its not really your thing. :confused:

So will there be a chance to make your own “dream” sword? Like choosing the length and quality of the steel, the pommel, cross guard, grip style, grip colour, scabbard colour and so on…
I can imagine its gonna be hard for the developers to add such a feature, but its gonna be rewarding for most players, because of the sheer value it gives to the sword and the game.
Personally i cant see a player making a sword that has such quality and beauty, because you are just a common man/woman.
So going to a smith that is revered as the best, thats gonna be worth while and the amount of payment will be a point to work up too. Even so for armour, your own expensive and unique armour set.

Although you can debate the fact that common craftsmen made armour and weapons throughout history, they were most often revered by the people living close and in neighbouring towns and city’s, like Ulfberht with his awesome crucible steel and many more lesser known smiths that made pattern welded swords and great armour pieces.
At any rate, i am very interested in forging/smithing/iron smelting and i and i think many others, would be in awe of the fact you could ask a smith to make a masterpiece for you. A very expensive masterpiece :D.

If anyone thinks the same; or not, please i invite you to share your vision, it can only help to shape the scope of weapon and armour smithing in the game :D. And i hope the developers take an interest in my vision ;).