Customizing your character

I just read this comment on YouTube as reaction to “Born from Ashes”: “a lot of people will hate on this comment but… I do not like the fact that this game is “historically accurate” because there is no cultural diversity. Fantasy games like skyrim at least open the opportunity for multiple races and I know what I sound like but I do not think I will get this game.”, wrote black guy.
More: "to be fair, most game protagonists are white. I don’t blame devs for making games where there are white protagonists because they appealing to the majority of their customers. I have played games where i could create my own character and games where i couldn’t. sometimes it affects the game, sometimes it doesn’t. for me Its not the game, its the time period."
Another: “narrative is cliche, graphics are average and animation is terrible. gameplay could be sick, haven’t seen enough yet. in terms of the world, it is not going to be that creative as you will be riding a horse through the fields and stumble upon occasional castles. with the game being historically accurate, there will not be as wide a variety in enemy and landscape that I would expect… not the first thing, just the determining factor.”

Why there are no black people…? This guy just made me a bit angry, so ignorant. But for others who have problems with not being able to customize your own character, what are your suggestions? Do you want to have open option to customizing? Do you want to have at least male/female option? Or do you even care to have race as an option to make it more historically accurate? And what about different ages?

It would be funny if you created your own “Henry”, old black Henry talking to his younger white father. I would certainly not feel connected to story so much, because I would simply not believe it. I think developers did well not to open up customizing your character, while I am certain there will be people creating mods with different faces.

Race, sex, etc is irrelevant. The request to forsake realism for “muh progressiveness” is infuriating enough, let alone actually listening to these people.

So no thank you.

5 Likes

Not sure if trolling or brainwashed professional victim SJW.

I don’t see why it couldn’t be possible with modding. Reskinning and recolors are some of the easiest mods to make.

I have played games with no humans at all. I managed to enjoy them without being triggered and needing a safe space.

4 Likes

From the comment. it does not seem as if this person is genuine at all.

If you ask me they seem to be more interested in trying to push some pathetic weak political agenda than look for a new game to enjoy.

as for customization as a mod . sure why not. if people want to break the story for the sake of having a laugh or some fun i say go nutz. hell make Henry a bastard dwarf.

1 Like

I’ve learned that most opinions are wrong. Therefore I ignore most opinions and create my own. Seems to work out.

1 Like

I’m female
I had been hoping at some point early in the game be able to switch to female as I usually do when I can and was slightly disappointed I couldn’t, but because I am not literally downs i understood about time period etcetc and got over it. I was genuinly shocked they didn’t let you customize facial features though.