Cutscenes drop below 30, but

Greetings folks. I’ve started playing and I was able to run the game around 60 FPS at highest setting until hitting cutscenes such as Henry & Friends tossing manure at the Deustch’s house. During the cutscene the FPS dropped to 10 Frame per second.

I’ve tried to create “user.cfg” file with the following
r_VSync = 0
sys_MaxFPS=60
(I also tried to change MaxFPS value t00 according to my monitor’s mhz value)

Unfortunately this didn’t work. The only way I can think of is to toggle the graphic from "Highest’ to “High” and the cutscenes managed to reach 30 Frames per second.

My graphic card is GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and my monitor is ROG PG278QR

Do you have an AMD CPU?

what GPU utilization do you have while gameing and while cutscenes?

my CPU is Intel i7-9700K

What I can think of right off the bat is Nvidia Control Panel

you can use the free Software GpuZ to monitor.

I had that on my previous machine. Just wondering, what am I looking for?

Just post both screenshots here. The Info Tab and the sensors Tab (Play a few seconds so it will monitor in the background)

1 Like

A fella in the steam forum said running it in borderless helped with the cutscenes.

1 Like

Thanks. That worked. Now the Cutscenes are at consistent 30FPS and the dialogue no longer lags.

Thank you sir. I am a bit of noob when it comes to the finer detail of graphic cards and stuff, your help is very much appreciated regardless of the outcome. Here’s what I can gather so far.

486 FPS??? When did you get 10 Fps?

my bad. That was after I made my adjustments from “Fullscreen” to “Borderless”. I gotta head out soon so I’ll attempt to recreate the low FPS cutscene scenario later.

1 Like

Borderless is a good solution. you can also update your GPU Drivers by time.

Thanks to you, BloodySod & Aradiel, i narrowed down criteria and I am certain that using Borderless will ensure the cutscenes run at 30FPS regardless of the V-sync and graphic detail level. I will update the driver and observe the game further.

The first one is Fullscreen (low FPS)

Borderless, same very hgih setting. The ingame runs smoothly and cutscene run 30 FPS

ALT+Tab helped me. Maybe the new Nvidia diiver i have installed?

I’ve seen some cutscenes drop to 30 back in the day.