Deepness of Modding?

How deep will the modding go? I want to do an overhaul where you play as a Roman. I’m already working on small assets but i won’t do anything big until I know for sure if it can be implemented.

1 Like

The only thing I know I want to try is a ‘real-time’ mod (or built in setting?). A similar thing greatly improved Witcher 3 for me, and I found the ‘too accelerated’ pace of KC:D timeflow to be jarring alongside the ‘nearly real size’ of the landscape.

I hope we can create an entire new level. instead of changing skins.

I’m probably first going to get a visual enhancement mod. After that, I hopefully will have the choice of several overhaul mods.
I’m guessing that a crusade overhaul or a the 100 year war mod would be easier to do. With the same fighting style and weapons.

Making a viking or roman time period mod would require a lot of shield gameplay and formations. Which is a lot harder.

this is a very complex game with deep ingrained mechanics like jackalk mentioned, even with full modding support, small roman assets really aren’t going to cut it. imagine the scope and scale of a roman mod project. your best bet is to form a modding group or join an existing one.

hasn’t stopped me before 213. I’m pretty familiar with 3d modelling, UV texturing, rigging, animation, and C++ coding/OOP. On top of that game engines like CryEngine make things pretty simple if you know how to use them. If nothing else I could always just do a big reskin, that wouldn’t be hard.

I want a crossbow and backpack its all i ask for.

1 Like