Despawn Radius

Is there a mod or a way to increase the radius of npc’s and dead body’s despawning? I keep having issues where random bandits will despawn if I end up going too far away from them, while I’m trying to fight them.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve had that happen too.
Chased down one last remaining Cuman into the woods, North of the monestary and by the time I got back to the attack area the bodies were gone, so I couldn’t loot them.
Another time South of Talmburg, I helped a trader fight off some bandits, which was just down the road from a Cuman camp. Killed all the Cumans and left the area for a short time. Came back and all the bodies were gone.
I think that WHS could deactivate the “despawn” feature at least until the NPC has been looted.
At the same area, after I had killed all the Cumans, I was attacked by a guard. Having been in the heat of battle, I didn’t realize he was a guard until I went to loot him, and got the “Steal” indication.
Found enough weapons and equipment on him to equip a garrison. Like 10 or 12 weapons alone.
One was “Dad’s old sword” or something of that type.
Why this guard attacked me made no sense, and now I’m wanted for murder in Talmburg.
Going to be hard to win back a Zero reputation with the guards of Talmburg!
Now when I go to Talmburg, the guards refuse to accept my surrender and just want to kill me! Game Over!
Not sure how to get around this? And I know there is a quest to “Take Back Talmburg”.
I have enough money to get an “Indulgence”, but I don’t want it if it affect any of my other stats.
Anyone familiar with indulgences and how it affects Henry?

That’s why I usually use a bow and a horse when attacking camps. I kill whoever resists, loot them, then sleep an hour so the fugitives come back, then mount on horse and follow and kill one with bow and loot him, then go back to the c amp and repeat till everyone is a pincushion…

I guess what I’m really asking is what parameters within the game files need to be changed in order to increase the zone that the game uses to determine when NPCs and bodies are despawned.