DEVS, Option to DISABLE Bandit Camp Dogs

The way they’re implemented is broken for Stealth players.

simply kill the dogs with your bow. the bandits will not react

I’d agree, dogs are definitely broken in the game. They should not be able to ignore almost all melee attacks (honestly they pass through them like the dogs are ethereal), and it should not stop you using the other arm to fight back with when one arm has a dog latched on. I would feel marginally better about how OP dogs are if they’d used a proper wolfhound sized model for the dog in the game. Then yeah sure, having one of them knock you off your feet and start savaging you would be a bad day out. The fact that the dogs in-game are little knee high terriers makes them seem even more OP.
Anyway rant over, to beat them I’d agree use bows or just gallop through to draw them away (they way outrun the bandits) and then kill them when you’re safely far enough out to not get mobbed, then go back in and deal with the bandits.

1 Like

I hit a dog with two arrows he didn’t die. I mean seriously the game is ruined by the dogs. What idiot thought putting dogs with every bandit was a good idea. They outrun the bandits hit you and stop you so you are swarmed. The worst is you can’t be anything but a knight now. You can’t even dress like a normal person for fear of being attacked by the stupid dogs.

1 Like

God I hate those bandit dogs. There seem to be absolutely nothing I can do about them and they just magically suck my endurance, dehorse me and hold me frozen while bandits stab and beat me to death. I’ve tried to hit every key but Henry does nothing and I just have to wait until dog lets me go. But soon dog chews me again and I’m completely helpless. They don’t even die when I hit them with my most powerful arrow, no no no they need 2-3 hits. And it’s not even big attack dog with huge teeth but some kind of tiny terrier. How is this realistic? I’ve been looking for a mod to disable them in game or see videos how to deal with them but apparently I’m the only one having this problem? In my opinion devs could have made dogs to appear only at higher levels and not cause instant depression for beginners as human opponents are difficult enough. And why not also increase enemy numbers with player level.

I think there’s a potion you can make as well a perk that keeps dogs from reacting to you. Don’t know if these work for bandit dogs or just run of the mill muts. I have managed to shield bash them a couple times until they let go, then smoke it with my trusty war hammer. This is of little use though if it latches on to you in the middle of a cuman camp, which is usually the case.
I had thought of taking them out with an arrow first, but they always find me before I can spot them.
When I get back into the game later, I’m gonna check if there is a potion for dealing with dags, cause this does screw the whole stealth thing, really.

Ok, so disregard my previous statement. Not sure any amount of perks or potions will help a lot against seven cumans with TWO dogs. Having said that, I did manage to drop five of the buggers and one dag before I got to meet Woden. So it’s probably not impossible. Just a bitch.

I agree with you I’ve just been ambushed by 4 Cumans and a do dog I have an elm longbow (72 power) and the better piercing arrows I hot one of the cumans who was in full armour in the head killed him in 2 shot I hit the dos twice and the little fucker still didnt dry by time I got my sword out ( in slow motion) I was killed by th other