Dice don't appear

Started a new game after installing the latest update on PS4… opted for hardcore mode.

Walked down into town and sold all my mom’s produce. Got enough money to play dice. Went to play dice, and the dice didn’t appear on the screen. You could move the circle around to choose which dice you wanted to keep, but no actual dice appeared on the screen.

I don’t know about any other new bugs , because I ejected the disk and broke it in half.

I’m officially done.

2 Likes

That’d be pretty annoying.

Launch (1.1): game doesnt work but there is stuff to do.
1.2: you might start to THINK you can play the game. People not complainimg are ones ‘doing other stuff’
Other stuff, including lockpicking, broken somewhat broken
1.3 as above, more aggrieved audience for still not being able to play through the game (screen shakes grinds game to standstill for many)
1.4 as above, … graphical quality reductions on a few platforms?
1.5 works- many start playing, graphics are working for many more players than previously
1.6 dont even try to 'do other stuff (dice???) graphics are worsened for majority
Rewarded with ability to give actual cash for more broken game content that clearly shows game builds are going tobget truncated going forward (eg mods that work in vanilla game break in DLC)(i dont use mods but this fact is telling that DLC is sideline project and is MOST LIKELY REASON 1.6 was rush jobbed- to make the $$$ DLC work)

1.7 lot less players care as many packed up and moved on.
Will future DLCs be relevant with a dwindled playerbase?

Warhorse- I hate landfill; before more players ‘break their discs’; offering free consultation to aid your business.
I know you will think this is a joke (lack of professionalism in the offer), but seriously; let your dedicated fans (here) build a small test group of ‘secondary beta testers’.
As ‘our emperor’, we will give you a secondary opinion on product and patch releases before they go public.
Promise to inform you if ‘you arent wearing any clothes’ (we wont just be ‘yes men’, true)

You have thousands of years of world experience, to draw upon, sitting here in your own forum.

Just don’t placebo us, and ‘tell us what you think we want to hear’ if you have no intention to carry through…

Show us the ill thought out stuff is behind us.
Show us you want to double sales on you base product rather than survive on breadcrumbs netted through very limited DLC sales.

A great base product sells for years; especially in this genre.
Triple times more sales if your product is a graphical showcase ahead of its’ time.

Sell more base game units and you can charge less for DLC and make shedloads more $$$

Vision.
If you know your aim/destination - you can set out/have chance to achieve and ‘hit the mark’.

Errors have been made (we know this),… so what are you going to do about it?

2 Likes

I recommend that you do the following:

1/ Remove all mods you have installed (if on a PC). Clear the caches (if on a console).
2/ Run “Verify integrity of game files”. It’s a Steam function under the game properties.
3/ Run the game and try to reproduce the problem.
4/ If the problem persists make a save file that can be used to reproduce your problem (like in front of the troublesome door).
5/ Direct the description of your problem, specifying your platform (PC/XBox/PS4), and the save file to support@kingdomcomerpg.com

2 Likes

Solid info… and if mods have ever graced the KCD install: very relevant.

What about players who run vanilla?
Some people have zero interest to troubleshoot etc.
They just see trouble.

I really hope it was simply a drive glitch that killed the necessary textures.
Problem is in the last 48 hours the number of ‘these sorts of posts’ (people leaving) is up 800%

1 Like

Another know-all smart-aleck! This is a way to get help. Otherwise, what’s the use in posting this stuff? Just random rant as if there’s not enough?