Dice game broken with Capon DLC

With the new DLC the dice game is just plain broken. It seems the odds in your opponents favor is off the chart. I played dice at the bandit camp and I lost so many times I started to keep track. Out of 20 rounds (across multiple games, each time restarting the game when I was done) they rolled triples 17 times. Out of those 17 triples 12 were 6s. The average score at the end of one round for them was between 800 and 1200. In later portions of the quest line they were averaging over 1500 each round and in a couple of attempts over 2K.

Meanwhile I saw triples once every 4 or 5 rounds. I saw straights twice out of all my rolls. The opponents saw straights on average every 3 rounds. I would bust on the second roll without about 3-5 dice left on average of 30%. Meanwhile my opponents busted twice. In all cases they would keep rolling even when there was 1 dice left and they never bust.

It seems the changes to the dice game has dramatically unbalanced the odds. And the new dice (at least the bronze ones) are impossible to read.

Where you using any special dice when you played against them? They are using special dice so you might as well fight fire with fire.

I only used 2 lucky dice and beat every bandit first time. Always remember when you clear all your dice to roll again to get those big pointers.

If you donā€™t have special dice then just rob the bandits of theres. They usually go to bed around 5am

Started a fresh game on hardcore mode.

Noticed instantly the guy rolling me over not a hope of even near beating him. Maybe he did have nothing but loaded dice. I would guess that it isnā€™t supposed to be this way .

I was thinking the same, it certainly takes more time to load, so first I played Farkle after 1.7 update, I got busted in first round (black screen with Bust!) and my opponent scored 2k in two rounds, furthermore they added straights, I also see fake dice at opponents and it really seems there is higher chance for triples and overall more scorable dice for both you and opponent. Chances have always been similar as before. You just need to adapt to new rules which seem to favour opponent. Developers could at least inform about these changes.

Before 1.7, I used to lose many games until I acquired my own fake dice, so it did not really change drastically.

Yes Iā€™m using a special dice. The same dice I played almost the entire main game with. In the main game I lost maybe 5 or 6 times out of the probably 50+ times I played. Even then opponents rarely busted even when rolling one dice and they got triples more frequently than I did. But with the addition of the new DLC the odds seem severely changed.

Tried again tonight. First game my opponent rolled ~700 the first round. I got lucky and rolled closer to 900. The second round they rolled 3 1ā€™s on the first throw, third round they did it again, fourth round they did it again, fifth round they rolled all their dice and got 700 and then rolled again and got another 3 1ā€™s. So in 4 out of the 5 rounds it took them to beat me (goal was 6K) they rolled 3 1ā€™s. The lowest point range Iā€™m seeing for them is at least 700 a round.

900 in a round is not high, I often get 2000+ pr. round. Had no issue winning the tournamentā€¦

Your opponents use cheating diceā€¦ you need to do so too.

As I already stated, I am using cheating dice. You donā€™t go from winning the vast majority of games over 100+ hours of play to losing almost every game after applying a single patch. Your opponents donā€™t go from an average of 400-600 points per round to 1K+ every round after applying a single patch either.

Sure we do; they changed the scoring possibilities (straights).

Wrecks the game from being one Iā€™ve played tonnes of times with military mates and pub friends.

Was a large part of the fun my missus and I enjoyed with the game.

We could put up with graphical quality drops (towards low powered parts), even though our rig ran the game perfectly with incredible fluidity and finesse, but changing a mini game that made our peasant life so fun-and not having an option to defeat ā€˜the new rulesā€™ is silly.

As I hve already said about this- it reeks of being an easy way to circumvent actually developing a ā€˜zilchā€™ gaming AI.

Instead the tweaked towards number patterns that just randomisation would allow a ā€˜stupidā€™ computer to play competitively.

Breaking what works and not fixing what doesnt, and not engaging or listening to loyal community who believe in the product, and marketing generically to all the wrong people leads to fly by negative reviews from consumers who were never going to care AND burn reviews from consumers who do/did care.

I dont mind being milked of cash if the output is fair; but multiplatform and ninja PC being crippled of features that WE HAD ON RELEASE (and, technically during our ā€˜refundā€™ period) is horrible, disempowering and ultimately disengaging.

If the product survives long enough to get some mod tools (fingers crossed); vastly better game modules and fixes and rebalance can/will happen.

For now the product bares little to discuss; its all been said before (lots of positives), but I was raised if ya aint got anything positive to contribute (or a solution) then get out of the kitchen/the wayā€¦

A working backgammon mini game would add YEARS of life to this product.
I used to enjoy the shallow ā€˜zilchā€™ dice experience; but now removed, K;CD hasnt been fired up for many many weeks.

One of the reason I decided to walk away for a while. WH fixed something that wasnā€™t broken and that I enjoyed.

More mini-games are needed in the tavern, not fancier ones

1 Like

more NPC players playing too. It is good to see lately some tables have 2 NPCā€™s playing and that you can join but once you win no player come back for the rest of the night. The upper Rattay tavern other than nightingale mission never has any players at the dice table let alone customers.
If you donā€™t have a book to read that takes time you have nothing to do for hours.If you want to get drunk or have a few ā€œbeveragesā€ you about hafta starve yourselfā€¦very realisticā€¦ā€¦NOT

1 Like

A 3-6 person winner takes all basic farkle tourney would be fun :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

An alt would be to replicate a version of 21. Roll, keep, re-roll remaining, ā€¦ hold. Go over lose. Closest (but under) wins. :drooling_face:

Speaking of 21, a card game pls :drooling_face:

Yeah, sit at tavern table and the owner and barmaid donā€™t take your order. Canā€™t order a round for your mates. :man_facepalming: For #*ā‚¬! sake, this alone would be worth more than amorous. What makes this perverse like a scene from a Quentin Tarantino film is that Christian acknowledged the value here in this forum a good number of months ago

Never understood this and having 2 taverns within town walls as well as one just a bit north of the training grounds. Read that some medieval towns were limited to 1 tavern in areaā€¦ so the tavern excess is unusual in more than one way